Single Guys: The Bible of Dating!
reginacaelorum Wrote:Where does it end?  Does a husband have the last word on wardrobe?  On who his wife is allowed to vote for?  What said wife will make for dinner?  Is it up to the husband if his wife delivers their children at home, in a hospital, with meds/without meds?

Read Casti Connubii when you get a chance, it will really ease your mind about this.
Golly gee, I'd never heard THAT before!  [Image: doh.gif]

I think we're all talking about the practical application of this reading.  And if you don't talk about these decisions before you're married, then it's your own darn fault your wife doesn't hang the towels to your liking or whatever other assinine rule you make.

Gracious me.
Erin - I have - I was attempting to be rhetorical for the sake of Stevus, et al.  Alas, I fear my words may be in vain as someone is probably now ordering their wife to stitch me up a scarlet "F" For feminist to wear shamefully upon my forbidden pants.  ;)
I've yet to find an approach that keeps me in the "above 50% interest" for more than two dates.

In the mean time, I've been working to build myself up to celebrity status. Hopefully that'll cure all my problems. [Image: wink.gif]
Archbishop_10K Wrote:I've yet to find an approach that keeps me in the "above 50% interest" for more than two dates.

In the mean time, I've been working to build myself up to celebrity status. Hopefully that'll cure all my problems. [Image: wink.gif]

Nope, it will only attract the wrong kind of woman if you are a celeb.

and as for your dating-trouble - I think it´s a matter of age. The girls you try to hitch probably aren´t ready for serious commitment. You´re fine for the right girl, who WILL come along.
reginacaelorum Wrote:Erin - I have - I was attempting to be rhetorical for the sake of Stevus, et al.  Alas, I fear my words may be in vain as someone is probably now ordering their wife to stitch me up a scarlet "F" For feminist to wear shamefully upon my forbidden pants.  ;)

"F" huh?

Well, I suppose that's better than being called an "A".

Or a "B".

Or a "C"!

Just kidding! [Image: tomatoes.gif]
diotima Wrote:Nope, it will only attract the wrong kind of woman if you are a celeb.

Ha, that was a joke. My part-time job for this summer will most likely consist of being an extra in TV commercials or print ads, i.e. a "celebrity".

Quote:and as for your dating-trouble - I think it´s a matter of age. The girls you try to hitch probably aren´t ready for serious commitment. You´re fine for the right girl, who WILL come along.

So far, I've dated girls between 21 and 25. I haven't yet succeeded in getting the interest of anyone over 25, and yes, I've tried! But alas: [Image: broke.gif]

I did take out one girl who was your standard traditional Catholic "church mouse" for one date. She's the girl who greets people at the door of the church. Never heard from her after that, and ignored me for the most part at the church. Then I found out a couple days ago she's engaged to be married to some other guy; and the weird thing is, my date with her was only about three months ago.
HappyWife Wrote:a) To find a good wife or husband we should try and overcome a focus on looks, there are MANY diamonds in the rough out there.
Hee, that puts me in mind of this (hope it's not too big):

[Image: gamer-girls2.jpg]

Don't yell at me; I think some of those girls are pretty cute.
Mhoram Wrote:Hee, that puts me in mind of this (hope it's not too big):

Haha, oh my.

Though I've never dated a girl who wasn't a gamer. They're really not hard to find anymore. One was even a store manager of a Gamestop outlet.

:edited to add:

Nowadays, fortunately or unfortunately, I'm finding that I couldn't care less if a girl I liked has played Final Fantasy VII, or any other games at all.
I was just thinking that it is important to realize that every decision doesn't need to be a family conference. Before we got married hubby and I decided that pretty much all business would be him (although he asks for my input/opinion a lot), and everything in the house would be me. I decide what to cook (I take his likes into consideration of course), I pick out clothes, sheets, plates, silverware, soap, etc, and decide what to do with it. We make big decisions like furniture together. (although once I actually start "decorating" that will be mostly me too, it helps that we have the same taste.)When it comes to stuff we disagree on we talk about pro's and con's, and make a decision together. When it comes to big stuff we do the same thing but more seriously. When I said I wanted to have our baby at home we talked and ultimately we went that way, but he had a lot of input..it was his kid too! I think being really generous in spirit is the most important thing in any marriage.