Against my better judgment...
Yeah, it should just say "children" and leave it at that.

Because they could be from past sins, rape, invalid marriages annulled, single adoption, valid but non-sacramental marriages that can be dissolved under the Pauline or Petrine privileges, or the death of previous spouses.

Perhaps another category for "Previous Marriages" can then explain it further; options for "None," "Widowed," "Annulled," and "Natural Marriage Dissolvable under Pauline/ Petrine Privilege" should be given.
Quote:and a valid marriage, even if NON-sacramental, can not be divorced.

Not true. Natural Marriages, while it is not ideal, can be hypothetically dissolved. The Mosaic Law allowed divorce "for the hardness of their hearts," and even in the New Law...the Pauline Privilege allows someone who becomes baptized to leave their unbaptized spouse, and the Petrine Privilege allows someone in a non-sacramental marriage to have it dissolved by the Pope "in favor of the faith"...meaning if they plan to marry a Catholic and their old spouse wasnt, or if they want to get baptized Catholic but feel their previous marriage will be a hindrance to their new faith.
I knew I shouldn't have posted this.... [Image: 2073_alone.gif]
Spooky Wrote:I knew I shouldn't have posted this.... [Image: 2073_alone.gif]

Yeah.  [Image: awww.gif]

Too bad these can't be locked as soon as they're posted.  This is definately a subject for PMs and NOT for debate.

Awww.......

Well, I think you're wonderful. *pinch*
Locking them right away would be a good idea.

But we're really only debating the Profile options themselves, nothing personal. Perhaps those posts should be moved to the original thread where Vox posted the questionnaire.

Oh, Spooks, you worry too much... I changed the wording of that question to this:

Number of children (e.g. born from: former valid marriage that ended in death of spouse; invalid marriage; rape; past sins, etc. No need to enter details here! Just list number of children you care for):

I felt the need to list some of the possible explanations there 'cause, trust me, from running a forum like this one for so long, I'd be hearing allllllll the time: "Kids? How could a single person have kids? Vox isn't a Catholic at all!" and other such nonsense from people who lack imagination.

StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:I have two kids from past sins, now grown, in their mid-30s. All I got to say is that after xxx amount of years, the past becomes a thing you can really put behind you.

And I had a child at 18 whom my sister raised (Historienne here at the forum). "All I got to say is that after xxx amount of years, the past becomes a thing you can really put behind you"? You got that straight! People who think others can't change are, quite simply, ignorant of Christ.

Archbishop_10K Wrote:

Awww.......

Well, I think you're wonderful. *pinch*

Thank you, James [Image: 2443_cloud_9.gif]
I didn't mind the wording, it was the silly debate that followed. [Image: duel.gif]
Spooky Wrote:Since everybody else is including photos, I reckoned I better include mine:
[Image: 33c0.jpg]

Hotttt.