just for fun
The_Harlequin_King Wrote:Too bad she had to be banned. I wanted her to fly me to Germany and take me out on dates.

Guy, that's just all kinds of wrong.
TheTalentedMisterR Wrote:
The_Harlequin_King Wrote:Too bad she had to be banned. I wanted her to fly me to Germany and take me out on dates.

Hey, if HailGilbert can insist on dating a girl half his age, I'm well within my rights to do just the opposite.
The_Harlequin_King Wrote:

Hey, if HailGilbert can insist on dating a girl half his age, I'm well within my rights to do just the opposite.

Yes, but normally the goal is to move up, not down, on the dating pool.
TheTalentedMisterR Wrote:Yes, but normally the goal is to move up, not down, on the dating pool.

I'm moderately certain that Diotima, being a lawyer, had more money than any other female member on this section of the forum. Isn't that what's really important? Plus, she could have paid for my own law school tuition. Now that's moving up.
TheTalentedMisterR Wrote:Yes, but normally the goal is to move up, not down, on the dating pool.

I'm moderately certain that Diotima, being a lawyer, had more money than any other female member on this section of the forum. Isn't that what's really important? Plus, she could have paid for my own law school tuition. Now that's moving up.

Yes, but whoever controls the money supply controls the relationship.  Now you might not object to that initially, however, when you step out of line, you will be disposed of quickly.  And note her extreme feminist proclivities would have ensured that no man would be "head of the household".  I believe she was banned for her denunciation of the Pauline guidelines of marriage.
Quote: And note her extreme feminist proclivities would have ensured that no man would be "head of the household".  I believe she was banned for her denunciation of the Pauline guidelines of marriage.

Could be. I know she was banned simultaneously with Pudge, when a Jewish thread got out of control. This led some people to believe that she and Pudge were the same person. But they weren't/aren't the same person - Quis even said so.

- Lisa
TheTalentedMisterR Wrote:Yes, but whoever controls the money supply controls the relationship.  Now you might not object to that initially, however, when you step out of line, you will be disposed of quickly.

Yeah..... I'm used to it.

Still preferable, though, to relationships where I have the most money. That usually means I have $5 in my wallet and she has none. No thanks.
TheTalentedMisterR Wrote:Yes, but whoever controls the money supply controls the relationship. Now you might not object to that initially, however, when you step out of line, you will be disposed of quickly.

Yeah..... I'm used to it.

Still preferable, though, to relationships where I have the most money. That usually means I have $5 in my wallet and she has none. No thanks.

I've lived under a feminist dictatorship for twenty-two years.  My mother is a great woman in a lot of ways, but my father no longer even has any will of his own.  Trust me, guy, you don't want that to happen to you.
dude I'm 20 and I would totally date this chick (and usually Germans are for me a big NO-NO due to my family's history of passionately hating that particular ethnic group) but for her I would issue a wavier. Besides I could really use a sugar mama. My old boss was German and looked quite similar, however seducing her would of been impossible due to her uh lesbianism overpowering my good looks

In my observations of friends and acquaintences over the years, while people usually pair up with someone within 2-3 years of their own age (a 5 year age span kind of being on the outside, and that's usually been with people marrying later in life, like the 40's or older), there are always exceptions to the trend, and having observed some of those exceptions, it has seemed that:

1.  Relationships between younger men and older women can work.  One couple I know is a guy who in his 20's married a woman in her 40's (one of his mom's best friends ~ it did cause some consternation at the time, but everybody got over it), and they have been together over 15 years now.  A couple of others I know have a 8-10 year spread, and those marriages seem to be going strong also.

2.  Relationships between younger women and older men don't seem to fare so well.  I don't personally know of any that have worked out.  That might sometimes be a phenomena of a guy being infatuated with "20 somethings", and there will come a time when she's no longer a "20 something", and he's off to find a new one.

It also seems that the odds are more in HK's favor.  There seem to be more older women who are open to dating younger guys than the reverse, unless the guy has a lot of money.  And that opposite situation can become problamatic, if, in the future, he doesn't have so much money, or he isn't as, ah, *functional* as he once was.

Just my observations [Image: smile.gif]