Holy Toast
Aviano Wrote:[Image: 11657.jpg]

I went to the site you linked, and while the Holy Toast doesn't do much for me I'm rather fascinated by the Jesus Band-Aids! LOL

I would like to know about the free toy inside. I also found THIS...

[Image: 11647.jpg]
on the same link. St. Vivian, patron saint of hangovers.
Yep, this definitely belongs in the "Pig Roast" forum! lol

- Lisa
Wal-mart sell Jesus Action Figures.

I do like the band-aids
Sorry.but people will throw the band-Aids away after being used.they will not keep them for ever.so the image of Jesus too will be thrown away.I thought that catholics should venerate images of Jesus and the Saints.now I see the opposite.
angelofmercy Wrote:Sorry.but people will throw the band-Aids away after being used.they will not keep them for ever.so the image of Jesus too will be thrown away.I thought that catholics should venerate images of Jesus and the Saints.now I see the opposite.

Angelofmercy, a lot of Catholics think it's irreverent to use Jesus' image on band-aids and cookies and such. Whether we do or not, these items are not at all in the same category of images that are used for devotional purposes, and carry the blessing of the church, such as sacramentals. 

It looks like you are becoming disenchanted with Catholicism. Is there a reason for this? Anything I can do to help?

- Lisa  
Satori Wrote:Lisa, I checked out that link. Have you had experience buying oplatky from this shop? Perhaps I'll buy some from them this year.

We've been doing it for about three years. We buy ours from a monastery in the Midwest (US).

We skip the ritual public apology for the wrongs we've done to each other - we don't want the food to spoil!
angelofmercy Wrote:Sorry.but people will throw the band-Aids away after being used.they will not keep them for ever.so the image of Jesus too will be thrown away.I thought that catholics should venerate images of Jesus and the Saints.now I see the opposite.

angelofmercy, please do not be upset.  Catholics recognize the difference between the sacred and profane-- even in images of Christ.  The more I read of your posts, the more I worry about you trying to do Catholicism without any guidance.  It must be hard to love Christ in a land where it is dangerous to be a Christian!  But you really must find a priest to help you in your journey.

This messageboard is not a good way to learn about the Catholic Faith. I am worried that you are doing a disservice to your soul by being on Fisheaters while learning about the Church; some conversations are simply not good teaching aids. 

Please find a priest, get baptized and learn from him what it means to live a Catholic life.  You owe it to your soul to find real direction from a real teacher.
When St. Francis of Assisi was taken in to converse with the Sultan of Egypt, Melek el-Kamel, during the seige of Damietta in 1219, the sultan subjected him to a test: he had heard that Christians would not deface an image of the Cross, so he had the entire entrance to the meeting place covered with a carpet covered with crosses.

Francis walked in, right over the cross-covered carpet, and greeted the sultan in friendly fashion.  When the surprised sultan asked Francis about this, Francis replied, "Those crosses are those of the two thieves crucified with my Lord and Savior; the True Cross is in Rome in a holy place.  Therefore, I can walk on these with no crime."

I give this illustration not to say that images and such should not be venerated, but to prove a point: Catholic sacramentals are designated as such, and will, by any serious Catholic, be treated with respect.  This stuff, on the other hand---toast, band-aids, and I'm sure soon to be TP, is nothing more than a disrespectful means of making money by people who couldn't care less.

I'd like to see them try this with Muslim symbols. 

But I think they have better sense.  Muslims would not put up with it.    
thanks all of you.I am still(and will ever be)in love with my new religion.I think I usurped this thread (I say sorry to the original poster)
angelofmercy Wrote:thanks all of you.I am still(and will ever be)in love with my new religion.I think I usurped this thread (I say sorry to the original poster)

You're forgiven. The thread was months old anyway. Angel, God moves in mysterious ways and He can find us anywhere, even on the Internet. If you have no one in your area that can give you individual attention, I'd be happy to speak to you one-on-one. You can email or PM me with any questions or concerns.

But remember, most of us here are just laymen. We're not theologians; we can't offer Mass or give you Holy Communion or hear your confession. You not only need information about the faith, you need formation. So you'll have to eventually find a priest and a parish. Please know you are in my prayers.
God bless you.
- Lisa