Roberto Fiore, Catholic Politician

[Image: fiore11.jpg]

General Secretary: Forza Nuova
Member of the European Parliament

September 1st through September 15th

at ISOC - In the Spirit of Chatres Committee

http://www.isoc.ws/

Thanks for posting this, POG.
I knew this guy when he was attending the SSPX in London in the late 1980s early 1990s.  Father Edward Black the superior of the UK suppressed him from spreading his magazine the International Third Position which was anti-Jew, anti-Black etc.  To his credit he didn't ever act in an explicitly racist manner at Church and when Father Black censored him, he stayed censored.

Oddly enough he himself sought Political Asylum in the UK from the Italian Authorities which was granted by Margaret Thatcher.  He then ran a business called "Meeting Point" with his partner Massimo (who died of cancer a few years later).  Meeting Point brought in foreigners from all over Europe and found them low-paid work in London such as waiting on tables or cleaning and as a package provided them with "accomodation" of the lowest possible standards for a significant cut of their earnings in arrangement fees and rent.

Kinda ironic given his anti-immigration position and his anti-Capitalism position.  He claims in his interview that he "wants people to make money from their work" and not "make money from money".  But how does a slum landlord, "work"? Being a slum landlord is the ultimate expression of Capitalism.
His defence that "if his properties were slums he would not have survived in business" is utter nonsense.  We all know that immigrants are exploited and continue to be exploited precisely because they are immigrants, they don't know how to complain and don't have other alternatives if the thugs turn up to throw them out.  They have no deposit, no references and the landlords with slum properties prey on this.

He wasn't a slum landlord for British citizens.  Nor did he hire British Citizens as his rent collectors but rather Italian skinheads.

The reality is that there is guilt by association and Traditional Catholics would be better off not being connected to fascists or those Catholics who have a great love for Mussolini.  Father Edward Black made a good call.
The interview is an embarassment.  Talk about soft questions and grovelling up to the interviewed party?  If a modernist interviewed Hans Kung like that we would all be laughing at what a mockery it was.

Think about it.  Do you REALLY want Traditional Catholicism associated with scenes like this?  Roberto Fiore is the guy in the blue jumper.

The naivity of some Traditional Catholics is so incredible that I am reminded of the Monty Python Sketch about the Minehead By-Election.  How much smoke do people need to smell before they'll admit there is a fire?

Tut, tut, naughty boy. Should there be surprise at your willingness to jump on the calumny bandwagon, gregg?

Your post is full of rather pathetic and gravely sinful lies.

Quote:Father Edward Black the superior of the UK suppressed him from spreading his magazine the International Third Position which was anti-Jew, anti-Black etc.
Fiore has never published a magazine in Britain. Neither has there ever been any magazine of that name or anything similar. The only magazine even vaguely connected to Roberto that was sold at Fraternity churches was the short-lived Catholic Order. It was sold in Fraternity churches with Fr. Black's permission, and at his discretion. 

Quote:Meeting Point brought in foreigners from all over Europe and found them low-paid work in London such as waiting on tables or cleaning and as a package provided them with "accomodation" of the lowest possible standards for a significant cut of their earnings in arrangement fees and rent.

I lived in Meeting Point accomodation for about seven or eight years, as did a number of other English people some of whom you would probably know of. I knew most of the buildings pretty well and the accomodation is simple but of decent standard and cheaper to rent than similar bedsits in central London. We had many friends amongst the foreign students and those who found something to complain about were very few and far between.

Quote:
But how does a slum landlord, "work"? Being a slum landlord is the ultimate expression of Capitalism.
Don't make me laugh. The buildings and individual rooms were, and still are, regularly inspected by the local council authorities, as required by law, and always passed whatever standards the council ensured with flying colours. I know for a fact, because I had a fifteen minute conversation with a council inspector during one unexpected visit, that they considered Meeting Point accomodation above standard in comparison to other landlords offering similar accomodation.

Quote:
His defence that "if his properties were slums he would not have survived in business" is utter nonsense.  We all know that immigrants are exploited and continue to be exploited precisely because they are immigrants, they don't know how to complain and don't have other alternatives if the thugs turn up to throw them out.  They have no deposit, no references and the landlords with slum properties prey on this.
Accomodation was generally pre-booked from offices in Italy, Spain and France and everyone was subject to the standard procedure of supplying references and paying a returnable deposit with all the full paperwork. The same applied if accomodation was arranged through Meeting Point's central administration office in London. We are talking about European language students here, not illegal immigrants from China or Timbuktu.

Quote:He wasn't a slum landlord for British citizens.  Nor did he hire British Citizens as his rent collectors but rather Italian skinheads.
Meeting Point employed people from various countries. And most of them had plenty of hair on their head, which would make them extremely unusual 'skinheads'. Italians, Spanish, French, Irish, and even Brits worked for Meeting Point to my certain knowledge. Rent was paid to the central administration office or via on-site offices in various buildings.

Off to confession if you value your soul, boy.

PilgrimageofGrace Wrote:Fiore has never published a magazine in Britain. Neither has there ever been any magazine of that name or anything similar. The only magazine even vaguely connected to Roberto that was sold at Fraternity churches was the short-lived Catholic Order. It was sold in Fraternity churches with Fr. Black's permission, and at his discretion. 
It was a member of my family who showed the magazine to Father Black and pointed out the anti-semitic and anti-black articles in it.  Father Black then withdrew his permission for them to have a meeting in the church hall in Holloway and thanked this family member for bring it to his attention.  He had been wanting to do something for a while but needed the evidence to close them down.  That magazine supplied it.
By the way, how do you defend the Nazi salutes in the above video.  Is that a calumny too?
Quote: Posted by gregg
It was a member of my family who showed the magazine to Father Black and pointed out the anti-semitic and anti-black articles in it.  Father Black then withdrew his permission for them to have a meeting in the church hall in Holloway and thanked this family member for bring it to his attention.  He had been wanting to do something for a while but needed the evidence to close them down.  That magazine supplied it.
What magazine? It's name?

By anti-Black do you mean anti-immigration? The anti-semitic canard I'm not even going to ask about.

Fr. Black withdrew his permission for who to have a meeting in the church hall and about what?

To close who or what down? Who is "them"?
I haven't yet watched the video but I assume you are referring to the Roman salute? It's considered normal on the continent and has existed for as long as Rome has. It is used in all the Catholic countries. That the Nazi's did something similar is neither here nor there.

Well if you insist on being that naive then what's the point?  The video takes all of 1 minute to watch so WHY have you not watched it?

99% of men in the street would not call that particular arm gesture the Roman salute.  Nor do I suppose you would dare make it outside your local synagogue and expect them to understand that you were using the 2000 year old Roman version and not the 60 year old Nazi version.  Nor, do I suppose, any forum member has ever seen a similar gesture being made in their holidays around Europe.

Other forum members can watch that video and make up their own minds.  Are they shouting "Sieg Heil" at 40 seconds?  Sounds a little like that to me.  Excuse my ignorance but that is neither a Latin nor an Italian expression is it?  Why are they standing in front of a banner saying Italy for Italians and speaking German?

I can't remember the name of the magazine after 20+ odd years.  In case you hadn't guessed I wasn't a paid up subscriber.  I can remember my sibling taking it to Father Black and him banning Fiore's group from having a meeting in the church hall in Salterton Road.  I can remember Fiore and 5 other members of the group handing out those magazines. I can remember many of the parishoners at St. Joseph and St. Padarn being uneasy about having a bunch of fascists in their midst.  I called my sibling this morning to confirm what I remembered before I posted just to make sure I got it correct.

The advert-page in question showed a black man kissing a white woman and made some sort of derogatory comments about racial purity.

And given you hadn't watched the video it is one hell of a clever assumption that I was referring to the "Roman Salute".  I can only imagine that you either did watch the video or that Roberto Fiore's followers regularly give him such a powerful welcome such that you could assume that any video of him on the web would include people doing a "Roman Salute" to Robert the Duce.

Is this the same Roberto Fiore that received a conviction for his part in a terrorist conspiracy in which 85 people were murdered at Bologna Railway station? And didn't he inherit his seat from Mussolini's granddaughter?

I don't think he got a conviction.  He was accused of a connection to the bombing but fled to the UK and claimed political asylum.  He was here for 19 years, and I think the statute of limitations ran out.  But yes, it is the same guy.

Of course if the Roma gypsies wanted to claim political asylum from him and his like, should his party ever get to power across all of Italy, then I don't suppose they would have the same luck as he had, do you?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7479298.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/556672.stm