Radio Interview: Roberto Fiore, Catholic Politician
Clare Wrote:The slander was the accusation of being a racist now, in the present tense.
Fiore is a racist now who wants to remove all the gypsies from Italy, including those who have been there for hundreds of years, and POG is his internet PR person.

The people at Fiore's meetings welcome him with a Nazi salute and shouts of Seig Heil.  How much clearer do you want this to be dear?

[Image: obviousfascism.jpg]

Clare Wrote:I can't see that he didn't stick to those principles. He said that race was not the most important factor. So how has he violated any principle?

Read the whole of his posting in red above and decide for yourself not the selected outtake.  He had been married to his Brazilian/African wife for at least 10 years when he wrote this.  That strikes me as a tad hypocritical.

My problem is twofold.  "Love thy neighbour as thyself" means there is no room for hatred in Christianity and describing the gypsies as "absolutely undesirable" and suggesting that they should be deported from Italy, as a race, to goodness knows where, is hatred.

I don't like the way that POG and his friends use the SSPX as a forum for their facsist/racist politics, usually under the subdefuge of "distributism" and spread their ideas on line and in the tea room after mass.  Some priests like Fr. Edward Black and Father Peter Scott have put a stop to this but POG and his ilk seem to want to explain even this away as them being "misunderstood" and "calumnated" against.  Personally, I can't see a condemnation of their ideas ever coming clearer than Fr. Peter Scott's above; unless the Pope himself gets out the bell, book and candle.  If you're not going to take the opinions and actions of two long term SSPX district superiors seriously then you're very foolish, willfully blind and terribly arrogant.

Are you seriously suggesting that Fr. Peter Scott writes a condemnation that strong without considering his words?

Finally, I personally know three people (all British of West Indian and African ancestry), now in their 20s and 30s who have lapsed from their faith partly because of the racism that was displayed by a few other parishoners when they were in their childhood and early teens at the SSPX masses and schools.  When magazines like Derek Holland's "Rising" and similar racist diatribes are left lying around in the tea room after mass, and that is tolerated by the parish priest, it does cause young people who are not racist to doubt their faith.
ggreg Wrote:Even Pilgrimage of Grace is married to a Brazilian who, to look at, appears more negro than white-Portuguese which is why the racist-fascist agenda he pushes on Catholic forums is so screwed up.
He does not push a racist-fascist agenda. 

He's done a pretty good job of denouncing Nazism recently on Ignis Ardens too.

ggreg Wrote:
Clare Wrote:I can't see that he didn't stick to those principles. He said that race was not the most important factor. So how has he violated any principle?

Read the whole of his posting in red above and decide for yourself not the selected outtake.  He had been married to his Brazilian/African wife for at least 10 years when he wrote this.  That strikes me as a tad hypocritical.
It would have been hypocritical if he had said that mixed race marriage is wrong.

He didn't though.

The "selected outtake" puts the rest of the posting into perspective.