Damsel's Profile (Female, USA)--Pics Added
Galway Wrote:
AgnusDei1989 Wrote:LOL... this thread is getting a little off topic!

I know the O.P., however, and I will add that she is a great cook and an excellent seamstress! :)

[Image: smile.gif]

How come a woman is a seamstress, and a male tailor isn't a seamster?
spasiisochrani Wrote:How come a woman is a seamstress, and a male tailor isn't a seamster?

Seamster is correct. seams-mistress/seams-master is the origin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sewing
spasiisochrani Wrote:
Galway Wrote:
AgnusDei1989 Wrote:LOL... this thread is getting a little off topic!

I know the O.P., however, and I will add that she is a great cook and an excellent seamstress! :)

[Image: smile.gif]

How come a woman is a seamstress, and a male tailor isn't a seamster?
 While it's fallen out of use, 'seamster' is a perfectly good word for the occupation. Another form of the word is sempster.
Damsel, do you feel lame knowing that your "marry me post" turned into a discussion of the terms for a male tailor?
I'm sure she's at least somewhat amused...
neel Wrote:Damsel, do you feel lame knowing that your "marry me post" turned into a discussion of the terms for a male tailor?
Come on. Hey, considering her pictures I'd still marry her.
Catholicmilkman Wrote:
neel Wrote:Damsel, do you feel lame knowing that your "marry me post" turned into a discussion of the terms for a male tailor?

Jonathan, I was kidding. I just think its hilarious the way some threads go.
neel Wrote:
Catholicmilkman Wrote:
Come on. Hey,�considering her pictures�I'd still marry her.

Yeah, I don't think she was expecting a proposal here on the message board.  Although it's probably happened somewhere on the internet.
If you want off-topic, you should try a (monarchy) forum Jovan and I are on.  There was a thread about "Not-Well Known Holidays," that was locked because it turned into a heated debate on Papal Infallability (and some other things, it was quite the diificult discussion to follow.)!
neel Wrote:
Catholicmilkman Wrote:
O, really???