Wisdom teeth
I never had mine pulled and I don't have any money whatsoever to do so anyway nor would I even if I did. But what do you think about having them pulled? Does anyone have any articles or evidence against it from either natural and/or modern medicine?
Well if they're not growing right, then they can distort the other teeth (which will make chewing difficult) or can hit a nerve and cause considerable pain.

It really depends on if the tooth has problems and your age.  Adolescents may get by with not getting them pulled, since their jaws grow and give space.  If they come in during your twenties, then they can have a much greater effect on the alignment of your teeth.

I'd see a dentist if you could.  If he thinks they're coming in alright, then there's no reason to get them pulled.

MeaMaximaCulpa Wrote:Well if they're not growing right, then they can distort the other teeth (which will make chewing difficult) or can hit a nerve and cause considerable pain.
My teeth were already distorted (on the bottom).

Quote:I'd see a dentist if you could.  If he thinks they're coming in alright, then there's no reason to get them pulled.
A couple years ago a dentist say they should be. But I don't have money now even for a visit and I will not go to a conventional dentist at all period anyway.
If you've already made up your mind to be anti-dentist (which is absolutely crazy in itself, hope you enjoy being toothless)
why are you asking about wisdom teeth?

Some people can keep theirs, some people can't.  Mr. NotNice has all of his, but mine were growing literally sideways, and they've all been pulled.  It wasn't a big deal. They knocked me out, removed the teeth, and my face hurt for a few days.

Catholicmilkman Wrote:But I don't have money now even for a visit and I will not go to a conventional dentist at all period anyway.

I can empathize with CM here.

I have the luxury of being able to go across the bridge to Mexico for any dental problems (and yes, it is a luxury). The dentists and doctors in Mexico are ... different, in a good way. There just seems to be a more pure and compassionate form of medicine in Mexico where common sense and care prevails rather than pigeonholing every patient into a set diagnosis or responding to our genuine questions with hostility as if we insulted his "authority" by having the audacity to voice a concern.

I recall having a very bad toothache several months ago and immediately went to a nearby dentist. The dentist took a few looks at it, rubbed it with his latex-gloved hand and immediately began to order in x-ray exams, blood tests in case of infection ... what have you. Not being able to spend the money needed for the procedures, we went to a dentist in Mexico that was recommended by a friend. Long story short ... it was nothing more than a cavity, he pulled the tooth out and I was good to go.

Now, I'm not trying to say that every dentist/doctor in this county are insensitive, incompetent money-grabbers ... but many are becoming that at an alarming rate here.

FWIW.  [Image: shrug.gif]

God bless,
JRS
Joshua Wrote:Not being able to spend the money needed for the procedures, we went to a dentist in Mexico that was recommended by a friend. Long story short ... it was nothing more than a cavity, he pulled the tooth out and I was good to go.

Now, I'm not trying to say that every dentist/doctor in this county are insensitive, incompetent money-grabbers ... but many are becoming that at an alarming rate here.

Here they would save your tooth.  There is absolutely no reason to pull a tooth for "nothing more than a cavity"--  You've just made it very clear that Mexico is a horrible place to go for dental work.
Having missing teeth actually weakens the teeth surrounding the space.

I had kept all my wisdom teeth with no problems, although they did mess up all my orthodonture.  About 10 years ago, one of them started to get kind of rotten, so it was pulled.  Still have the other three.

Christina

I only have two wisdom teeth, on the top, but they never erupted. They're just sitting up there, looming. Dentists have told me for years (and years and years) to have them cut out (ouch!), the only reason is that if they erupt they might cause pain. I haven't done it. No problems yet.
ErinIsNotNice Wrote:If you've already made up your mind to be anti-dentist (which is absolutely crazy in itself, hope you enjoy being toothless) why are you asking about wisdom teeth?
I'm not an anti-dentite. I'm just against modern/conventional dentistry. Know of a holistic dentist?
Catholicmilkman Wrote:I'm not an anti-dentite. I'm just against modern/conventional dentistry. Know of a holistic dentist?

Conventional dentists don't use mercury in fillings anymore, and flouride is always optional, if those are the things you worry about.

I go to a regular dentist, but he's Catholic with a whole bunch of kids [Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif]