Wisdom teeth
Catholicmilkman Wrote:My teeth were already distorted.

That's highly subjective. Just because ones teeth don't look like the people in the toothpaste commercials, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them. Unless you have teeth growing out of the roof of your mouth (which I've actually heard of happening!), or they're causing you pain or somesuch, don't worry.
I can understand being against something like chiropractors (voodoo doctors). But dentists? Really? The mind boggles.

I've still got all my teeth, wisdom included.
Credo Wrote:
Catholicmilkman Wrote:My teeth were already distorted.
That's highly subjective.
No, my bottom teeth are crowded. That's objective.
ErinIsNotNice Wrote:Conventional dentists don't use mercury in fillings anymore, and flouride is always optional, if those are the things you worry about.
Well not around here. Many still use it around here, I've heard. But mercury and fluoride are not my only concerns but their unholistic (cut and drug) approach to things.
I never got any wisdom teeth.  Lucky me!
Catholicmilkman Wrote:
ErinIsNotNice Wrote:Conventional dentists don't use mercury in fillings anymore, and flouride is always optional, if those are the things you worry about.
Well not around here. Many still use it around here, I've heard. But mercury and fluoride are not my only concerns but their unholistic (cut and drug) approach to things.

Actually modern dentistry's main focus is the prevention of  gum disease and decay through regular cleanings, teaching people the most effective way to floss and brush, etc.  Also, they focus a lot on catching problems in the earliest stages, when they are not very complicated to fix.

People who get regular modern dental visits have so few tooth and gum problems compared to a hundred years ago (or even 50 years ago), I don't know how anyone could be against it [Image: laff.gif]
(and I am against most modern medical practices, by the way)
I only had one wisdom tooth on the upper left and for some reason the Navy neglected it (I had the others taken out at some point in history but can't recall when) It started to come in and pushed on the molar back there which then became abscessed. I know CM thinks I should've let the infection alone and let God handle it and not gone to the dentist (both teeth had to be removed) but I choose instead not to be in pain or die. Go figure.
ErinIsNotNice Wrote:Here they would save your tooth.  There is absolutely no reason to pull a tooth for "nothing more than a cavity"

Well, it was a bit more. The cavity was in one of my back molars and the gum area was getting infected. I'm a very hygienic person so please don't get the impression that my teeth look like Indian corn.

Regardless, both parties agreed (US and Mexico) that the tooth should be pulled and the Mexican dentist simply did that, case closed ... while the other was signing me up for everything known to modern science minus a CAT-scan.

God bless,
JRS
Spooky Wrote:I only had one wisdom tooth on the upper left and for some reason the Navy neglected it (I had the others taken out at some point in history but can't recall when) It started to come in and pushed on the molar back there which then became abscessed. I know CM thinks I should've let the infection alone and let God handle it and not gone to the dentist (both teeth had to be removed) but I choose instead not to be in pain or die. Go figure.

Who are we, Christian Scientists?
Joshua Wrote:Well, it was a bit more. The cavity was in one of my back molars and the gum area was getting infected. I'm a very hygienic person so please don't get the impression that my teeth look like Indian corn.

Regardless, both parties agreed (US and Mexico) that the tooth should be pulled and the Mexican dentist simply did that, case closed ... while the other was signing me up for everything known to modern science minus a CAT-scan.

God bless,
JRS
What's wrong with those of us who do have teeth like Indian corn [Image: biggrin.gif]. But seriously, I think most America doctors run extra tests for fear of lawsuits more than anything else. The CYA method of healing. If you had had a complication from your tooth removal, what do you think you could have sued for? People want millions these days.