Wisdom teeth
ErinIsNotNice Wrote:
Catholicmilkman Wrote:If from conception, yes. The deformation starts from conception and youth. If all people eat and farmed like we used to a hundred+ year ago we wouldn't even need dentists or doctors. Society needs reform in all areas. When religion falls so does every other science and sphere of life. Why do you think politics and economics are broken and false today? It's the natural consequence of having false religion. Read Belloc, he talks about this more clearly.
This is simply not true about not needing dentists.  When scientists have studied the remains of people from the past, they found that people had horrible problems with their teeth.  Nefertiti was found to have died from an infected tooth!  There is even an old saying that women 'lose a tooth for every child'.  People today are so much better off when it comes to dental health.
God, the Holy Ghost said in His holy Writ: "What is it that hath been? the same thing that shall be. What is it that hath been done? the same that shall be done. Nothing under the sun is new, neither is any man able to say: Behold this is new: for it hath already gone before in the ages that were before us. There is no remembrance of former things: nor indeed of those things which hereafter are to come, shall there be any remembrance with them that shall be in the latter end." (Eccl. 1: 9-11)
Don't you think that these things happened before? The evil of this age is nothing new for it is from our fallen human nature. I believe the time of Noah had similar problems from processed food or something. We know but Egyptian hieroglyphics that men flew in aircrafts before and we know now that Da Vinci knew it could be done and probably built such inventions. In fact I believe it was the global society of Noah's time that built the pyrimands, which by the way are even in the U.S. (St. Loius, MO has the biggest in the world by volume), not the Egyptians of Moses' time.
gjwalberg Wrote:I'd never make it on Catholicmilkman's planet.

(I mean that last line in jest, Cmm [Image: smile.gif])
I hope because Earth is my planet.
Please CM, get out of the basement and stop listening to AM talk radio.  You are getting scary.
ErinIsNotNice Wrote:Please CM, get out of the basement and stop listening to AM talk radio.  You are getting scary.
The truth is stranger than fiction. Ay?! Get out of modernistic society's mental-retarding brainwashing media. 'My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge'
I don't have time today to debunk all the bizarre things you believe (I am swamped with work this week) but I think this sums everything up:
[Image: cuckoo.gif]
Catholicmilkman Wrote:If all people eat and farmed like we used to a hundred+ year ago we wouldn't even need dentists or doctors. 

What an absolutely ridiculous statement. Have you done any reading or studying of health problems in the past? Have you visited a Third World country, where many actually do eat and farm like they did a hundred years ago?

I simply do not understand why so many trads romanticize the past. You'd think their every problem was caused by their misfortune to have been born into an evil capitalistic society where they are force-fed junk food even in the womb and opportunistic doctors and dentists (probably female, wearing pants) prey on them and try to force them to have mercury fillings and unnecessary plastic surgery.

[Image: fish.gif]

Of course we wouldn't need dentists! We wouldn't have any teeth left! And as for doctors, who needed them when there were so many priests available to administer the Viaticum. . .
Aviano Wrote:
Catholicmilkman Wrote:If all people eat and farmed likeÊwe used toÊa hundred+ year ago we wouldn't even need dentists or doctors.Ê

What an absolutely ridiculous statement. Have you done any reading or studying of health problems in the past? Have you visited a Third World country, where many actually do eat and farm like they did a hundred years ago?

I simply do not understand why so many trads romanticize the past. You'd think their every problem was caused by their misfortune to have been born into an evil capitalistic society where they are force-fed junk foodÊeven in the womb and opportunistic doctors and dentists (probably female, wearing pants) prey on them and try to force them to have mercury fillings and unnecessary plastic surgery.

[Image: fish.gif]

totally.
where do you start?

Do any of you pray to St. Apollonia? She was tortured by having all her teeth yanked out.

I had a problem with an old filling that was causing pain in a tooth. The dentist recommended a root canal, or extraction. That was about nine months ago. I prayed to St. Apollonia since I didn't want to have either done. Believe it or not, I have not had a problem with it since.

As for wisdom teeth, I had all mine taken out because I simply believed the dentist when he told me that if I didn't, I would have problems later on.

I really do believe good nutrition and hygiene have much to do with good teeth.

edit: grammar correction

You have to go back more than a hundred years in Western countries, because a hundred years ago people were already eating a lot of grain and other garbage.  But in general, agricultural societies have dental problems and hunter-gatherer societies don't.  (Ditto heart disease, diabetes, and most other non-contagious diseases.)

Good Calories, Bad Calories, by Gary Taubes, is an excellent read.

I had my wisdom teeth out when I saw the x-rays showing two of them lying sideways, growing toward the next teeth.  But not everyone needs to have them out.  Worse is root canals: everyone I know who's had a root canal regretted it.  At best, they paid a boatload of money to temporarily save a tooth.  At worst, they paid a boatload of money and continued to have pain, and ended up having additional work done.  If a tooth is beyond a simple filling, yank it.