Wisdom teeth
Quote:Worse is root canals: everyone I know who's had a root canal regretted it.  At best, they paid a boatload of money to temporarily save a tooth.  At worst, they paid a boatload of money and continued to have pain, and ended up having additional work done.  If a tooth is beyond a simple filling, yank it.

I've had 3 and never regretted any of them. Better than having big gaps in my mouth.

I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled at the end of this semester - yuck.
Theresa Wrote:Do any of you pray to St. Apollonia? She was tortured by having all her teeth yanked out.

I had a problem with an old filling that was causing pain in a tooth. The dentist recommended a root canal, or extraction. That was about nine months ago. I prayed to St. Apollonia since I didn't want to have either done. Believe it or not, I have not had a problem with it since.

As for wisdom teeth, I had all mine taken out because I simply believed the dentist when he told me that if I didn't, I would have problems later on.

I really do believe good nutrition and hygiene have much to do with good teeth.
Thank you. St. Apollonia, ora pro nobis.
Catholicmilkman Wrote:
Credo Wrote:
Catholicmilkman Wrote:My teeth were already distorted.
That's highly subjective.
No, my bottom teeth are crowded. That's objective.

The longer you keep your wisdom teeth, the more problems you'll have. Crowded teeth is nothing. Wait until you have to have root canals, crowns, bridges, partials, teeth pulled, etc. Not going to a dentist is the way to end up toothless and possiby with periodontal disease which can cause heart disease. Don't play with your health, borrow the money.  Wisdom teeth will cause more crowding of your teeth.
PaxVobiscum Wrote:
Catholicmilkman Wrote:
Credo Wrote:
Catholicmilkman Wrote:My teeth were already distorted.
That's highly subjective.
No, my bottom teeth are crowded. That's objective.
The longer you keep your wisdom teeth, the more problems you'll have. Crowded teeth is nothing. Wait until you have to have root canals, crowns, bridges, partials, teeth pulled, etc. Not going to a dentist is the way to end up toothless and possiby with periodontal disease which can cause heart disease. Don't play with your health, borrow the money.  Wisdom teeth will cause more crowding of your teeth.
I don't play with the health of my soul. My body is nothing and will return to dust no matter what anyway. That is life and the wages of my sins. I hope and look to God, He will help me and He has giving me my own intellect to help me. I just need to eat as God intended. The complications from putting teeth are far worse than keeping them from what I've reasoned from reading. NEVER get a root canal EVER.
Quote:The complications from putting teeth are far worse than keeping them from what I've reasoned from reading.

Not if the tooth in question is infected and abscessed. If your foot was gangrenous would you refuse amputation? Never mind, CM you probably would.

Spooky Wrote:
Quote:The complications from putting teeth are far worse than keeping them from what I've reasoned from reading.

Not if the tooth in question is infected and abscessed. If your foot was gangrenous would you refuse amputation? Never mind, CM you probably would.

Probably so.  Your pregnancy made me imagine CM telling his future wife who needs a C-section to deliver a breech or transverse positioned baby that it's unnatural. 

I know a guy who told his wife, in her eighth month of carrying twins that turned out to weigh a total of 17 lbs., not to push on the babies when they got an arm or leg under her ribcage because it was "unnatural" to do that.  She gave him quite a look!  I am sure no baby has ever been harmed by some gentle pressure from mom to move that little arm or leg.

Hope you're feeling well, Spooky, and not getting too many pokes in the ribs. ;-)