Dirty Harry
Great movie character? Or Greatest movie character?
Yes.  No.
BrooklynCatholic Wrote:Great movie character? Or Greatest movie character?

Greatest movie cop.  ;)

- Lisa
Tough as nails and leather.
As a kid, I always wanted to be Peter Venkman.  He's still kind of a hero of mine.
BrooklynCatholic Wrote:Great movie character? Or Greatest movie character?

He was a great character in a great movie in the aftermath of the initial degradation of society in the US.

Plus he put a bunch of plugs in Garak which was icing on the cake.

Greatest? dunno.

Great? Hell yeah.

btw, I have the same Model 29 he sported in the movies. The movie was fake because they didn't have .44 blanks. And no matter how bad ass a man you are, you aren't handling a 6 inch .44 with wooden grips like he did with even the pseudo loads he talked about in Magnum Force.
gjwalberg Wrote:As a kid, I always wanted to be Peter Venkman.  He's still kind of a hero of mine.

[Image: amen2.gif]
cathalex Wrote:And no matter how bad ass a man you are, you aren't handling a 6 inch .44 with wooden grips like he did with even the pseudo loads he talked about in Magnum Force.

I've shot .44s before. Being no professional, I can say one could very well hurt their wrist firing one of those things with a single hand on a constant basis.

Then again....... he's special, he's Dirty Harry.
"Go ahead, make my day....."

Classic line.

[Image: suddenimpact2.jpg] 
I love the elevator scene. 

"Listen, punk: to me, you're nothing but dog****, see?  Now, there's a lot of things that can happen to dog****.  You can scrape it up with a shovel, it can dry up and blow away in the wind, or you can step on it with your foot and squash it.  So the next time the dog ****s you, you better be real careful where you land----or you just might end up getting squashed." 

His partner, who has watched all of this impassively, remarks, "You're a class act, Callahan."