Anybody want to share home cold remedies?
I've got a bad cold that won't go away, and I'm all out of tricks.   Taking to my bed for a week isn't an option, so what else should I try?  And I will try almost anything.  [Image: guinea_pig.gif]
frerejacques Wrote:I've got a bad cold that won't go away, and I'm all out of tricks.   Taking to my bed for a week isn't an option, so what else should I try?  And I will try almost anything.  [Image: guinea_pig.gif]

Starve a fever, drown a cold.  I prescribe 4-6 whiskeys a day (feel free to use the generic, you can't taste it anyway).  Do this for a week to ten days.

It has never been known to fail.
Vitamin B's good for viruses, but I'll second GW's recommendation. Hot whiskey. If it doesn't work, at least you won't care.
Satori Wrote:Vitamin B's good for viruses, but I'll second GW's recommendation. Hot whiskey. If it doesn't work, at least you won't care.
Hot?!!  Goodness no!  The poor girl's sick, are you trying to make her mad too?

I suggest it on ice and a splash of seltzer (or with Ginger Ale for the kiddies).
Satori Wrote:Vitamin B's good for viruses, but I'll second GW's recommendation. Hot whiskey. If it doesn't work, at least you won't care.

With a bit of butter and some brown sugar. Kept my grandda alive "on his last legs" long enough to bury that doctor and the four that came after, too.
Was Mommy right?  Is whiskey Catholic penicillin?  [Image: laff.gif]  I don't drink, though.
frerejacques Wrote:Was Mommy right?  Is whiskey Catholic penicillin?  [Image: laff.gif]  I don't drink, though.

It's for your good, dear.

But if you don't drink, try a dark rum instead.  With a little paper umbrella.
gjwalberg Wrote:
frerejacques Wrote:Was Mommy right?  Is whiskey Catholic penicillin?  [Image: laff.gif]  I don't drink, though.

It's for your good, dear.

But if you don't drink, try a dark rum instead.  With a little paper umbrella.

Cool, but I'm going to need a doctor's note if I have pina coladas instead of coming to work.  Do you think our own Dr. Bombay would PM me one on accounta Christian charity and all?