What is distributionism?
Gabriel Wrote:
Quote:It is about a just family wage for heads of households and just living wages for those who need to work and this is instead of the modern minimum wage system which does not work.

Not so much a just wage as a living wage. Regardless of one's state in life, one ought to be able to provide for their family.
Because you have have life without justice but would that be right? The Virtue of Justice is what is at stake here. You may be able to live with a certain wage but that doesn't mean it is just. And that means it isn't morally right.

Quote:According to Alfred Edersheim in The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah, a simple carpenter such as Joseph could provide the bare necessities of life, which were easily affordable, while luxuries were very expensive. In other words it was a two-tiered economic system.

What we face today is the elimination of the middle class, resulting in economic slavery for most, while the super rich own and control everything.
God's on our side, don't worry.
Quote:The New World Order will be an oligarchy of the super-rich.
More like it already is a blood-thristy oligarchy of evil men.
Quote:
If you check on past threads here on FE, you'll find arguments for and against it between Distributists and both Austrian School Libertarians

Yes, indeedy - read up.  And read closely.  Distributism, under the fluff, means "you have too much, so give some to me."
DesperatelySeeking Wrote:
Quote:
If you check on past threads here on FE, you'll find arguments for and against it between Distributists and both Austrian School Libertarians

Yes, indeedy - read up.  And read closely.  Distributism, under the fluff, means "you have too much, so give some to me."

Which is not true.
HailGilbert Wrote:
DesperatelySeeking Wrote:
Quote:

Which is not true.

I've been trying to figure out, if it is not true, who decides how to distribute?