Hi Y'all!
Hello,

I am a Catholic woman in NC. I belong to a multicultural church...I suppose it may be called NO, but I see a lot of people kneeling, and they are about to build a new church anyway due to tremendous growth. I teach 5th and 6th grade CCD. My weekday job is teaching English to immigrant children in the school system.
I grew up here in NC, post Vat 2,though my mom was from NY. I left the Church for a while but returned. I am looking forward to learning on this forum.

Hi forest :)
Welcome!  Do you mean 'a lot of people kneeling to receive Holy Communion'?  That's great news to hear.

You'll definitely learn a lot here on Fisheaters -- I surely have in the short time I've been here.

In Christo Rege et Maria Regina,
    ~Steven

FromTheForest Wrote:Hello,

I am a Catholic woman in NC. I belong to a multicultural church...I suppose it may be called NO, but I see a lot of people kneeling, and they are about to build a new church anyway due to tremendous growth. I teach 5th and 6th grade CCD. My weekday job is teaching English to immigrant children in the school system.
I grew up here in NC, post Vat 2,though my mom was from NY. I left the Church for a while but returned. I am looking forward to learning on this forum.

Willkommen!
Bem-vinda!
Khosh amadid!
Dia duit!
haha Dia duit. havn't heard that in a long time.
but anyway ka pla. thats cheers in klingon
tiocfaidh ar la!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I just meant that people kneel even though the church doesn't have kneelers..  There is a very tiny brick chapel there that has them, but it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too little. It is used for some weekday Masses.

People, if they can, kneel when we are supposed to be kneeling. I'm not sure when the "new" Chruch was built, but my guesss is in the 1970s or early 80s. There used to be a school in it but it was integrated with the white Catholic elementary school, things didn't go so well and the newcomers pulled their kids out and sent them to public school. I didn't go there-I was in a smaller NC city attending public school.

Discussions are under way for a new Church. The population is burgeoning. I wish there were a new school too.

Anyway, it is NO. Someone gave me the exact definition of that. I knew it had to do with Latin and Vat 2, but didn't know exactly what had changed. they said anything not in Latin with the priest facing the congregation is NO
Welcome!