Joined the smokers club...
Went to the hookah bar tonight, and had my first real smoke.  To tell the truth, I wasn't really a fan of the water pipe, and preferred the cigar I had beforehand.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for affordable cigars?

MeaMaximaCulpa Wrote:Went to the hookah bar tonight, and had my first real smoke.  To tell the truth, I wasn't really a fan of the water pipe, and preferred the cigar I had beforehand.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for affordable cigars?
 Depends on your definition of affordable, I suppose, but you should be able to get a variety of good smokes in the States in the $5-$10 range.
Affordable = Something a cheap college student could buy...
MeaMaximaCulpa Wrote:Affordable = Something a cheap college student could buy...
 Fuente makes a cigar called the 'curly head'. It was available for about $1.50-$2.00 when I left the States a year and a half ago. It's rolled by their apprentice rollers so you occasionally get a bad roll, but they use the same premium tobaccos they use in their top of the line cigars. You might check it out. Just avoid 'drug store' cigars! The cheap ones are machine made abominations and the decent ones don't sell well enough to stay fresh. Trust me on this one, I ran tobacco stores before I went into management in a major drug chain and I know!
MeaMaximaCulpa Wrote:Affordable = Something a cheap college student could buy...

In that case, I recommend Cojimar, they're about $3.00 and my favorite smoke.  If you don't like flavored cigars, then you might try Punch, a VERY good smoke for about the same amount.
I had a terrible experience with it. My throat started closing, breathing grew shallow, and the tip of my tongue and even my whole nose became numb as I began to have a sort of asthma attack. I'm not sure if it was the tobacco itself, or perhaps some flavoring additive, but it seemed to me I came very close to suffocating in a reaction. The kindly Turks provided me, at my urgent request, with 3 shots of potent espresso coffee post-haste, and the caffeine had an alleviating effect, opening my lungs for easier breathing. My companions were nearly panicking, but I made an effort to breathe as calmly as possible, praying inwardly for God's mercy, and I told them to not hesitate calling an ambulance should it become worse. But with coffee my condition improved, thank God, and I resolved to stay away from the stuff forever.