proposed
I just finished watching one of my favorite war movies of all time "Where Eagles Dare". It struck me that much like all the Dirty Harry movies, one of the great things about movies with Clint Eastwood, is that there isn't to much talking, but there is a whole lot of shooting. So that got me to thinking; I think that we should try and institute some sort of national amendment that institutes some kind of a bullets fired to words spoken ratio into all action films (unless said film is from a period before firearms, in which case it's a heads severed to words spoken ratio). That way you can decided if the film is even worth your time by simply looking up the ratio of bullets fired to words spoken. Brilliant!
Plot and dialogue are what make a great movie. Excessive action is good for a lark, but a great movie has more.
taking this a little bit seriously I see.
How would you count the bullets from machine guns? [Image: hmmm.gif]
Hmm... I'm sure there is some way of knowing how many bullets per minute a machine-gun fires. So multiply the minutes x bullets per minute x machine guns... and you got your number...
Bullets are good, but what about explosions?  Cars, buildings, bridges, planes?  Should not this vital information be included in the calculation? 
Quote:How would you count the bullets from machine guns?

Firearms have a rate of fire measured in what's called an RPM count (rounds per minute). Here are some common RPMs. These are all for assault rifles and assume fully automatic fire. Semi-automatic firing depends on the shooter.

Keep in mind that these can vary slightly due to a number of factors including ammunition quality, exact gun model (there are several different models of the AK47), the heat of the barrel as the gun is used continuously, etc. In other words, it's like measuring MPG on a car.

AK47 ~600
M-60 ~550
AR15 ~800
FN FAL ~650
M4 ~750-900
FAD ~550
AN-94 ~600
FN SCAR ~650

Bummer