who owns the falafel?
i've read that lebanon claims israel stole the falafel...

funny isn't it?

http://jews-news.blogspot.com/2008/10/lebanon-israel-stole-our-falafel.html
:laughing: That is hilarious! Some people are so stupid...
My mouth is hungry for falafel now.

If they are going to sue Israel, they need to sue Greece too because their list of food reads like the menu of my favorite greek restaurant.

In fact, I've noticed the menu is almost identical at any Turkish, Greek, Armenian Lebanese, or Syrian restaurant.

I'm not surprised about the trademark issue though. Countries are always fighting over food. In Europe, feta is only called feta if its from Greece. Champagne and Bordeaux must come from Champagne and Bordeaux. Italy is always arguing what can be called "parma ham" or "Parmigiano cheese" And there are several countries that claim the rights to turkish delight.

I like to keep abreast on the latest in food news.

Paloma Wrote:My mouth is hungry for falafel now.

If they are going to sue Israel, they need to sue Greece too because their list of food reads like the menu of my favorite greek restaurant.

In fact, I've noticed the menu is almost identical at any Turkish, Greek, Armenian Lebanese, or Syrian restaurant.

I'm not surprised about the trademark issue though. Countries are always fighting over food. In Europe, feta is only called feta if its from Greece. Champagne and Bordeaux must come from Champagne and Bordeaux. Italy is always arguing what can be called "parma ham" or "Parmigiano cheese" And there are several countries that claim the rights to turkish delight.

I like to keep abreast on the latest in food news.

But, only from Spain, can you get 'jamon Iberico' and 'jamon Serrano'.

What that has to do with falafel and the price of tea in Alaska, I don't know.

Roy
I haven't had a falafel in ages.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
International Food fight!

Make that an inter-planetary food fight! Star Trek style!

Only genuine Romulan ale come from the Romulan Empire!

You want fresh live Klingon gagh? You won't get it on Earth!

And Earthlings making plomeek soup, just like on Vulcan? Highly illogical!

JoeJoe123 Wrote:i've read that lebanon claims israel stole the falafel...

Yeah, but who stole the kishka?