Bad Joke
many a good grammer ruined many a good joke.
ghost_of_gjwalberg Wrote:I love grammar jokes!

http://www.qwantz.com/archive/000640.html

[Image: comic2-681.png]

[Image: rofl.gif]
One day an English grammar teacher was looking ill. A student asked, "What's the matter?"
"Tense," answered the teacher, describing how he felt.
The student paused, then continued, "What was the matter? What has been the matter? What might have been the matter... ?"
ha, ha[Image: jestera.gif]
good one, good one... LOL
shirhamalot Wrote:
Ruination_ipa Wrote:
shirhamalot Wrote:Hahaha. It's funny if you like grammar. Which I do.

SH

...so in other words, it's funny if you're a NERD!

Ahh, mea culpa! Any tiny, highly technical sub-culture type of humour cracks me up. I think it's because I (and probably many others) can sympathize with spending comparativley large amounts of time studying and thinking about details that aren't included in the wider culture's general knowledge, often in a way subservient to a more interesting or engaging educational or career-related goals. So that includes grammarian humour.  Call me a nerd if you will [Image: tongue.gif].

SH

:-) I was just poking fun... I'm a bit of a nerd myself but draw the line at laughing at grammar jokes.
shirhamalot Wrote:Ahh, mea culpa! Any tiny, highly technical sub-culture type of humour cracks me up. I think it's because I (and probably many others) can sympathize with spending comparativley large amounts of time studying and thinking about details that aren't included in the wider culture's general knowledge, often in a way subservient to a more interesting or engaging educational or career-related goals. So that includes grammarian humour.  Call me a nerd if you will [Image: tongue.gif].

SH
 There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!
:lol: my engineering brother (who posts once in a blue moon as AMDG) would love it.
What do you call a pyromaniac who lives in a trailer?
Heinrich Wrote:What do you call a pyromaniac who lives in a trailer?
 I give up!