9 Very Good Reasons to Grow a Beard
Satori Wrote:
Paloma Wrote:I'm hoping for a moustache comeback. After being ridiculed for so many years, I think its about time.

I'm partial to the handlebar and the super cheesy pencil thin villain 'staches personally.

Signed,
A Founding Member of the "Sam Elliott Appreciation Society."
Who ridicules you for your moustache, Paloma? I'll mess 'em up! 

Ha! A freudian slip? I was actually referring to moustaches in general but I have been know to rock the Frida Kahlo look when I go too long between waxings.

Curse those Mexican dark hair genes!
Paloma Wrote:
Satori Wrote:
Paloma Wrote:I'm hoping for a moustache comeback. After being ridiculed for so many years, I think its about time.

I'm partial to the handlebar and the super cheesy pencil thin villain 'staches personally.

Signed,
A Founding Member of the "Sam Elliott Appreciation Society."
Who ridicules you for your moustache, Paloma? I'll mess 'em up! 
Ha! A freudian slip? I was actually referring to moustaches in general but I have been know to rock the Frida Kahlo look when I go too long between waxings.

Curse those Mexican dark hair genes!

C'est vous?    [Image: kahlo1938cr.jpg]

ErinIsNotNice Wrote:
Mozartboy Wrote:How do mustaches rate?

A 9 on the creepy scale.

What you said.
The only convincing reason, for me, to grow a beard would involve some kind of hideous facial scarring (camouflage). Not only does a beard simply not belong on my face, but mine grows in rude and patchy-like; and to make matters worse I can hardly resist the almost trichotillomanic urge to touch or pick at it. [Image: frown.gif]

[Image: screenhunter002cc9.png]

But if I had to wear a mustache, I wouldn't hesitate to go with the shady pencil-thin sort. [Image: smokin.gif] Oddly, I'm one of the few people who could pull it off without looking like a child-molester.
How about the Führer-stash?
ErinIsNotNice Wrote:
Mozartboy Wrote:How do mustaches rate?

A 9 on the creepy scale.

Really only one point below dyed blue hair?

Seriously though stash's look odd unless as someone pointed out they are on an older guy and waxed up at the ends.
Catholicmilkman Wrote:How about the Führer-stash?

When I shaved off My first goatee I grew in High School I left Der Fuhrer stash on and was sent home. It was offensive so I got a whole day off from school just for having a "Charlie Chaplin" stash. Needless to say due to my hatred of High School my parents had to practicly tie me down to get me to shave it.
[Image: 289.gif]
Baskerville Wrote:
When I shaved off My first goatee I grew in High School I left Der Fuhrer stash on and was sent home. It was offensive so I got a whole day off from school just for having a "Charlie Chaplin" stash. Needless to say due to my hatred of High School my parents had to practicly tie me down to get me to shave it.
so LOL!
Not to rain on your pilgrimage. But isn't it a Catholic and Roman tradition for men to shave? it shows discipline, order. our control over our bodies. the Romans were clean shaven and they certainly weren't taken for women and children when they obliterated the Jews, wiped the Greeks (no pun intended0 tamed the Celts and essentially gave Europe civilization. as a man who shaves I stand by our history in this. beards are lazy and barbaric. get a straight edge and shave.
also wasn't it a rule for ages that priests had to be clean shaven? I believe the SSPX still has this rule though I might be mistaken.