Caminus Gone???
Bring back Caminus!

Who else will respond to Newschoolman's 7657654634 cut and paste highlighted quotes on how cool Religious Liberty is?

I miss Caminus!!!

StevusMagnus Wrote:Bring back Caminus!

Who else will respond to Newschoolman's 7657654634 cut and paste highlighted quotes on how cool Religious Liberty is?

In the thread entitled Religious Freedom: Separating Fact from Revisionist Fiction, the answer is: PilgrimageofGrace, PeterII, ATrueCatholic, devotedknuckles, SemperFidelis, Belloc ... and you. Note that none of these guys are getting banned. That, I infer, is because they (including you) largely or entirely stick to discussion of the issues as they see them, without the frequent deviation into personal attacks, mudslinging, accusing people who don't agree with them of being malicious liars, irrational fools, or both, etc., that have lamentably characterized certain earlier discussions of the same topic and others.

Quote:I miss Caminus!!!

I don't. He got chance after chance to straighten out and drop the personal attacks. Anything of value that he may have said can be said equally well by other people who read the same ultra-traditional propaganda as he did. I just pray that he'll come to recognize what is really necessary in discussions of controversial topics among Catholics: "the common saying, expressed in various ways and attributed to various authors, must be recalled with approval: in essentials, unity; in doubtful matters, liberty; in all things, charity" [Blessed Pope John XXIII, Ad Petri Cathedram, 72].

Blessings,

Don McMaster
I must have missed all of the times where he was personally attacking and slinging mud.

The threads I've posted with him, he always made intelligent and salient points.

Even if there were a few sharp words, I can think of a thousand examples of other posters who get heated and have done the same in my time here.

I will pray for a reconciliation. I think he can still make a great contribution to this site.
So Caminus gets the boot, but newschoolman and mcmaster are still here, rationalizing the revolution.

That makes sense.
StevusMagnus Wrote:I must have missed all of the times where he was personally attacking and slinging mud.

Evidently so, but Vox and Quis (among others) didn't.

Blessings,

Don McMaster
cunctas_haereses Wrote:So Caminus gets the boot, but newschoolman and mcmaster are still here, rationalizing the revolution.

That makes sense.

Newschoolman can speak for himself (at considerable length). As for me, readers of the threads I've started on religious freedom can judge for themselves whether it makes sense to say I'm "rationalizing the revolution." In reality, my constant theme (supported by extensive quotes from Vatican II and prior teaching) has been that the teachings of Vatican II on religious freedom are not revolutionary (as anti-traditional and ultra-traditional zealots alike falsely maintain), but rather are consistent with earlier Catholic teaching.

Blessings,

Don McMaster
cunctas_haereses Wrote:So Caminus gets the boot, but newschoolman and mcmaster are still here, rationalizing the revolution.

You're a big boy.  If you disagree with McMaster, argue against him instead of whining about it.  If you can't hack it, study some more.

StevusMagnus Wrote:Bring back Caminus!

I miss Caminus!!!

He hasn't contacted me asking if I will unban him, so maybe you should take it up with him in e-mail instead of on the forum where he was banned.
The guy argues well for a couple posts, then he chokes on his drink and splatters the highfalutin' rhetoric with little substance and logic everywhere.
StevusMagnus Wrote:I must have missed all of the times where he was personally attacking and slinging mud.

You don't remember things like the thread he started asking if another forum member was a Zionist?

If I start a thread entitled "Is StevusMagnus a closet homosexual?" I'm assuming according to you that's not a personal attack or mudslinging, right?