Vegans among us
I am a vegan, and I find it funny that I am on a site about Fish Eaters.

I have been a dietary vegan for years, are there any others here?
Not I.  I think that if I were single, I'd be able to handle it.  But having my four men in the house, makes it practically impossible.  We do eat less meat then in the average household, though. 

BTW, welcome LaRoza.  I, too, make rosaries.

Theresa Wrote:Not I.  I think that if I were single, I'd be able to handle it.  But having my four men in the house, makes it practically impossible.  We do eat less meat then in the average household, though. 

BTW, welcome LaRoza.  I, too, make rosaries.

Well, it would be easier if they were vegans also. No sense in eating extra estrogen (which is how factory farm animals get so fat.)

Cool, where do you get your parts?
Lately, we've been buying organic beef and chicken. (but we still buy some of the bad stuff.)  

It's best, at this point, not to disturb the eating habits.  Years ago, when I started getting into nutrition, I cut out the sugar.  Therefore, hubby got honey in his oatmeal.  You should have seen his expression!   I still laugh recalling this.

I've bought rosary parts from Our Lady's Rosary Makers, in Kentucky.  A few months ago, I found a place through the internet - some place in Florida.  But, I will never buy there again.  I also got some good buys on silver wire and clasps, through ebay.

This summer, the roses in my yard were plentiful, so I made beads from them. 

Theresa Wrote:Lately, we've been buying organic beef and chicken. (but we still buy some of the bad stuff.)  

It's best, at this point, not to disturb the eating habits.  Years ago, when I started getting into nutrition, I cut out the sugar.  Therefore, hubby got honey in his oatmeal.  You should have seen his expression!   I still laugh recalling this.

I've bought rosary parts from Our Lady's Rosary Makers, in Kentucky.  A few months ago, I found a place through the internet - some place in Florida.  But, I will never buy there again.  I also got some good buys on silver wire and clasps, through ebay.

This summer, the roses in my yard were plentiful, so I made beads from them. 
This site is very good for parts: http://www.rosaryparts.com/

I'll check out Our Lady's Rosary Makers.

I want to make beads out of roses, but barring illegal activity to get the roses (:-)), I'll have to wait.

there are other vegans in the fish tank. i am not one i prefer my meat bloody and juicy. but i have bumped into other vegans here. even john the Baptist eat locusts.
are you a vegan due to religious conviction or out of stomach ailments?

devotedknuckles Wrote:there are other vegans in the fish tank. i am not one i prefer my meat bloody and juicy. but i have bumped into other vegans here. even john the Baptist eat locusts.
are you a vegan due to religious conviction or out of stomach ailments?
Are you a meat eater because of religious reasons or stomach ailments ;)

There are many lifestyles, most people don't stop to reflect on theirs from a more objective viewpoint. Just imagine what a vegan society would think of your lifestyle for example.

I am a vegan for a couple of reasons, but at this point, it is a lifestyle. I don't see dead animals as food.
Hitler was a vegan (or vegatarian), he also didn't smoke or rarely consumed alchohol......Maybe that's why he was so damn cranky.
alaric Wrote:Hitler was a vegan (or vegatarian), he also didn't smoke or rarely consumed alchohol......Maybe that's why he was so damn cranky.

He was a vegetarian for health reasons. Hope that wasn't a Godwin ;)
Quote: Are you a meat eater because of religious reasons or stomach ailments
stomach ailments. Without a rare steak and i mean rare still bleeding from the sides, with mushrooms and caramelized onions, a dash of roasted red pepper and taties on the side, being washed thoroughly and smoothly down with a sturdy pint, i'm a sickly lad
sip sip