Why is this man getting a Catholic funeral?
The below death notice in my local newspaper caught my eye this evening.
I find this quite disturbing but not in the least surprised.

I feel sorry for his kids.

XXXXX , Noel (H.I.V. Health Editor of Gay Community News) Nov. 7, 2008, (suddenly), on holidays in Amsterdam; deeply regretted by his loving partner MXXXX, his children DXXXX, CXXXX and DXXXX, his sisters JXXXX and AXXXX, his brothers JXXXX and MXXXX and all his nieces, nephews and grandchildren, sadly missed by all his colleagues and friends. Requiem Mass at XX o'c. XXXXX, at the Church of the Guardian Angel, Newtownpark Avenue, Blackrock, Co. Dublin, followed by a Service at XXXX at Mount Jerome Crematorium, Harolds Cross. People will be welcome for soup and sandwiches at PXXXXX, in the afternoon. Friends and family are welcome to wake Noel at his home (XXXXXXXXXX), XXXXXX  evening. Family flowers only. Donations, if desired, to Gay Health Network.

Publish Date: 13th November 2008
Published in: Evening Herald

[Edit by Quis - remove names]

Wow...that is sad...just sad...

Whoever is the celebrant at that Mass should be excommunicated or something for allowing such an abomination...
Are you sure the church is a Catholic church in union with Rome. Just because it has a Requiem Mass doesn't mean anything. The Episcopalians have that too.
Are you sure it's Catholic?  I'm thinking it's Anglican.

The NO doesn't call it a Requiem Mass anymore (though the Anglicans would), and they're taking him to a crematorium.
timjp77 Wrote:Are you sure the church is a Catholic church in union with Rome. Just because it has a Requiem Mass doesn't mean anything. The Episcopalians have that too.

It seems to be Catholic, sadly: http://www.catholicireland.net/parishes/...php?ID=198

Unfortunately it is.
ArchBishop Diarmuid Martin is so bad.
He's a politician more so than a Bishop

LaRoza Wrote:It seems to be Catholic, sadly:

Yikes.
Not cool... [Image: frown.gif]

Still, God's judgment won't change based on this.   Justice is being done where it counts the most.

timjp77 Wrote:Are you sure the church is a Catholic church in union with Rome. Just because it has a Requiem Mass doesn't mean anything. The Episcopalians have that too.
 The Church of Ireland (Anglican) is extremely 'Low Church' and prot in outlook. I cannot imagine a CofI service being called a 'Mass'.
Another sign of the destruction of catholic Ireland. A generation ago this would of been a no brainer.