Can I become Catholic?
Welcome, Lost (and hoping you won't be feeling "lost" much longer!)!  I too got married and then divorced outside the Catholic Church (converted to the Orthodox Church at age 18, got married by a probate judge at a courthouse, and got divorced) and when I returned to the Catholic Church, I easily got an annulment - just had to go through some paperwork. 

And if you have more than one church in your area, don't be afraid to try them on for size.  I had to try a couple in my town before I found one where I felt comfortable.  God bless!
Mhoram Wrote:I'm curious; what happens if someone like this tries to get an annulment for that first marriage and is denied?  My understanding is that she can't receive Communion until that happens, so if it can't happen, then what?

Well, without the Trinitarian formula there is no baptism, and the sacrament of matrimony is for the baptized.

Praying that your conversion process is fruitful and edifying, lost. Welcome to FE. :)
S.A.G. ~ Kathy ~ Sanguine-choleric. Have fun...or else.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.