Gentlemen, please.....
.....pray for me, your brother in Christ.  As a single male, 44, unmarried the devil has been assailing me constantly with wicked and impure thoughts.

St. Michael the Archangel, defend me in these battles.

Holy Mary, Mother most Chaste, Tower of Ivory, pray for me.

St. Joseph, Most Chaste Spouse and Role-model of men, pray for me.

Christ, most graciously hear me. Jesus my Lord, Have Mercy on me.

Thank you for your prayers.
[Image: prayer.gif]
I know exactly how you feel.  [Image: prayer.gif]
[Image: prayer.gif]
thank you for your prayers....

any practical advice?  I'm praying hard also, appealing to the Saints I mentioned above and to Our Lord and His Blessed Mother.  Rosary many times a day....  keep my hands and mind busy making Rosaries....

Very very difficult time lately...

I'm not sure if I know how to offer this to Him, to give Him  these disordered thoughts and to accept His Life in return.
I can relate to you...being fourteen, attending a public school and preparing for the priesthood...I will tell you, I have no lack of temptations. Pray to the Most Chaste Spouse of the Virgin Mary...do you know of the 3 Hail Mary's in the morning and evening for purity?
requiemaeturnum Wrote:I can relate to you...being fourteen, attending a public school and preparing for the priesthood...I will tell you, I have no lack of temptations. Pray to the Most Chaste Spouse of the Virgin Mary...do you know of the 3 Hail Mary's in the morning and evening for purity?

You mean you're eighteen.  Otherwise, I'd have to ask you to leave the forum per the rules.  [Image: tiphat2.gif]
maurin Wrote:thank you for your prayers....

any practical advice?  I'm praying hard also, appealing to the Saints I mentioned above and to Our Lord and His Blessed Mother.  Rosary many times a day....  keep my hands and mind busy making Rosaries....

I'm not sure if I know how to offer this to Him, to give Him  these disordered thoughts and to accept His Life in return.

Read The Spiritual Combat.  You can find it for free online.
QuisUtDeus Wrote:
maurin Wrote:thank you for your prayers....

Read The Spiritual Combat.  You can find it for free online.

I'm reading it now, here:

http://www.catholictradition.org/Classics/combat.htm
It is hard to chase thoughts from your head.  They just pop in there.

The key is to learn to not indulge them.  Your discipline will get better if you try.  I hung a St. Benedict's medal above my computer and prayed for fortitude.

You cannot eliminate the fleeting thoughts.  You can eliminate your reactions to them.