Gentlemen, please.....
To add to what requiemaeturnum said,

Pray this three times:

Haily Mary...

Followed by: O' Blessed Mary by Thy Holy and Immaculate Conception, purify my body and sanctify my soul.

Then end with: My Mother preserve me from all mortal sin this day/night.

Say this twice a day. This has helped me tremendously. I have many struggles with lust and since I have taken on this devotion, the load has been much easier to bear.

QuisUtDeus Wrote:
requiemaeturnum Wrote:I can relate to you...being fourteen, attending a public school and preparing for the priesthood...I will tell you, I have no lack of temptations. Pray to the Most Chaste Spouse of the Virgin Mary...do you know of the 3 Hail Mary's in the morning and evening for purity?

You mean you're eighteen.  Otherwise, I'd have to ask you to leave the forum per the rules.  [Image: tiphat2.gif]

oh yeah, sure... I am eighteen. :asianbow:
Pray to SS Margaret of Cortona and Maria Goretti, and do not be idle.
Know how you feel, brother. My past demons are still lingering and doing everything they can to lead me to perdition. St. Joseph, St. Michael, Mother Mary of Mercy, thank you and continue to pray for us.
This is something most people struggle with. Don't get discouraged, pray the rosary daily, recieve the sacraments often, and practice self denial. You are in my prayers. [Image: prayer.gif]
Dear Maurin,

I agree with all the above suggestions.

But I would also encourage you to consider "taking up smoking a pipe". It is a wonderful hobby that will give you hours of distraction,  pleasure and contemplation.

You will be kept busy with:
  1. Buying your first pipe and tobacco
  2. Studying how to pack, light, tamp and smoke your pipe
  3. Looking for tips on the Internet
  4. Looking for tobacco on the Internet
  5. Looking for additional pipes, lighters and other accessories on the Internet.
  6. Meeting new friends on the Internet and at local pipe shops and clubs.
In addition a pipe can be a wonderful distraction and a means to relaxation and contemplation.

Heck....you will be so busy....you may not have time to write us back for a month or so [Image: wink.gif]

Hope it helps along with everything else.

ESpear Wrote:Dear Maurin,

I agree with all the above suggestions.

But I would also encourage you to consider "taking up smoking a pipe". It is a wonderful hobby that will give you hours of distraction,  pleasure and contemplation.

Yes, my grandfather smoked a pipe for many years. He is now busy lying in a hospital bead with a torn long, infections galore, and two forms of cancer.

He has plenty of distraction (tubes in mouth, nose, and lung (through skin) and contemplation (can't move). I wouldn't say pleasure though.
Praying to St Margaret of Cortona and pipe smoking are Catholic remedies for Onanistic urges? Brilliant.
QuisUtDeus Wrote:
maurin Wrote:thank you for your prayers....

any practical advice?  I'm praying hard also, appealing to the Saints I mentioned above and to Our Lord and His Blessed Mother.  Rosary many times a day....  keep my hands and mind busy making Rosaries....

Very very difficult time lately...

I'm not sure if I know how to offer this to Him, to give Him  these disordered thoughts and to accept His Life in return.

Read The Spiritual Combat.  You can find it for free online.
Found it, looks like a good read, thanks Quis.
maurin, like others said, stay busy, stay strong, and keep praying.

And read good things like the above link, and if anything, the Bible, every day.
In addition to the recommendations of prayer and occupying yourself with hobbies or manual labor I would recommend severely limiting your usage of the internet.

LaRosa, Sorry about your grandfather but over indulging in anything from food to alcohol to doing too much reading will destroy your health. Moderation.