Gentlemen, please.....
Ruination_ipa Wrote:LaRosa, Sorry about your grandfather but over indulging in anything from food to alcohol to doing too much reading will destroy your health. Moderation.

Too much reading? You've got to be kidding...

Tobacco contains a potent poison, nicotine. Inhaling it causes immediate reactions (vasodilation, increased heart rate, etc) and it has a chemical effect on the tissues it contacts. It gets into the blood and travels all over the body, spreading its poisonious effects as it goes.

Too much reading results in...excess knowledge, or possible, if done in low light, a temporary headache that has no negative effects.

His lungs are filled with puss (for over a month, constant draining). They are full of holes. His prostate had cancer, and now it is in his pelvis. He can't swallow and can barely breath. Nurses have had to stick a tube down his throat to drain it hourly so he can breath. He was expected to die yesterday and it is amazing he is alive now.

I don't care how people live their lives if they are informed, but recommending someone smoke a pipe is just reckless.

Corvino Wrote:Praying to St Margaret of Cortona and pipe smoking are Catholic remedies for Onanistic urges? Brilliant.
What's wrong with praying to St. Margaret of Cortona?
Marc Wrote:
Corvino Wrote:Praying to St Margaret of Cortona and pipe smoking are Catholic remedies for Onanistic urges? Brilliant.

Niente. I'd just never considered her in association with masturbation.
Corvino Wrote:
Marc Wrote:

Niente. I'd just never considered her in association with masturbation.

*cough*

Say that again?