what women want/what men want
LaRoza Wrote:
PeterII Wrote:I would meditate on that everyday...if my girlfriend was ugly!

Subjunctive mood fail. If my girlfriend were ugly.

[Image: laff.gif]  Yay!  Fisheaters is safe for grammarians again!

I can't tell you how excited I am to have someone else around here to correct grammar.  For so long, it was just me to bang my head against the wall at every devotedknuckles or Baskerville post.
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:
PeterII Wrote:I would meditate on that everyday...if my girlfriend was ugly!

Subjunctive mood fail. If my girlfriend were ugly.

[Image: laff.gif]  Yay!  Fisheaters is safe for grammarians again!

I can't tell you how excited I am to have someone else around here to correct grammar.  For so long, it was just me to bang my head against the wall at every devotedknuckles or Baskerville post.

For those using portable devices (like devotedknuckles, who seems to be using a blackberry), I can be forgiving. Also, for those will dyslexia or other problems, I can forgive, but there is no forgiveness for wholesale misuse of subjunctive mood.

Thanks LaRoza. but i'm usually on my Nokia 8800 internet tablet or my laptop when it comes to the fishtank.  blackberries are to small a screen for the fishtank. but I must admit i have been swimmin in the fishtank while using my bb. on many occasion anyway. I prefer me grammar hard boiled like me eggs.
sip sip

Grace Wrote:vicork:

The only hitch is the part where you mention all the ways in which you are independent and how a man would need to fill in when necessary because you had to work long hours, or were otherwise occupied.

I think its because I have spent so much time doing things for myself that it does feel that they fill in when necessary. For example, in travelling so much with at least 2-3 pieces of luggage, I have not had a male travel with me, so I have had to carry all my luggage myself, with the exception of those kind males who offer to take some up a lift or through some doors or at least to a trolley somewhere, so because I have had to do so much alone, its like I am used to doing things by myself

Maybe it isn't obvious, but when you are married, and your husband loves you, he will help out when necessary.  What he doesn't relish is being treated like "help" or an assistant. He doesn't want to feel as though you really can get along without him.

This is a good point, but I have never been married so I wouldn't know this. Most men say they like to assist, but don't want a completely dependent woman either, as it creates a heavy burden to bare on the male.

We are created to be interdependent.  I haven't found that many men really like to have wives who "don't need them."  If she doesn't need him, just wants some company, than what's the point?

Again I have never been married so I don't know how to behave. Interdependency comes from trust, and I can't say that I have known the right men in life to trust that I can feel safe to be interdependent on and they follow though faithfully. I need company now and then, but if a man wants to be in my company and wants to be needed, than they would need to show that this is important to them enough that I would view them as not just company. Besides that, some men like to view women as ornamental pieces that make them feel and look good (hence the number of female escourts available in the world) who also serve a dual purpose for men. Though forbidden by Trad Catholic standards, it does show a side to men that views women in that light and women accept and cater to this need of men for companionship

A man needs a wife....he needs a woman to act like a woman and need him like a woman.  And vice versa.  Even though our culture says we're interachangeable, that's not what we should be striving for -

Good point but I think in a day and age where women have more rights, and more men wouldn't mind staying home with the children, it appears to going in this direction in this millenium. Good insight.

+JMJ+
devotedknuckles Wrote:Thanks LaRoza. but[sic] i'm[sic] usually on my Nokia 8800 internet tablet or my laptop when it comes to the fishtank.  blackberries[sic] are to[sic] small a screen for the fishtank. but[sic] I must admit i[sic] have been swimmin[sic] in the fishtank while using my bb[sic]. on[sic] many occasion anyway. I prefer me[sic] grammar hard boiled like me[sic] eggs.
sip sip

Oh, in that case, you better not abuse subjunctive mood.

[Image: laff.gif]
sip sip

I too would take the time to brush up on grammar...if my girlfriend was ugly!

Quote: And about your girlfriend, she will be, she will be. (At least, to your perspective now, in the future)

Because I only date models about half my age, I have a 15 year window to work with before putting them on my retirement plan. 
PeterII Wrote:I too would take the time to brush up on grammar...if my girlfriend was ugly!

[
You better watch out. I don't know where you live, but I'll assume anyone misusing subjunctive mood is you, and they will receive my wrath. The blood of innocents is on your hands. Technically, they aren't innocent, because they misused it, but I don't normally slay such people.

Quote:Because I only date models about half my age, I have a 15 year window to work with before putting them on my retirement plan. 

Preposition fail:

"I only date models about half my age; I have a 15 year window with which to work before putting them on my retirement plan".

(Yes, I'm just joking around. I'm not normally a grammar nazi.)

LaRoza is the grammar-nazi about whom your mother warned you. [Image: laff.gif]
Marc Wrote:LaRoza is the grammar-nazi about whom your mother warned you. [Image: laff.gif]

You had better believe it.

All your clauses are belong to us.