what women want/what men want
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:My grandfather used to tell me to never marry for looks.  Looks fade.  Marry for cooking, he said.  Cooking lasts forever.
Not having a particular weakness for gluttony, I had never understood that kind of advice. Then yesterday I googled potato tacos. [Image: gimmefood.gif]

Now I'm really hoping there's a drop or two of Mexican blood in that woman she hasn't mentioned.

(some Chinese or Indian blood would be nice too [Image: laff.gif])
Years ago, I kept hearing that men don't want women who are needy.  So I worked on being more independent.

Now I hear that men want to feel needed, and don't like women who are too independent.  So I gave up.

Now that I've resigned myself to remaining single, I feel much better!
Prodigal Wrote:Now that I've resigned myself to remaining single, I feel much better!

Haha.. me too! But when I was 32 I still had hopes. ;)

- Lisa
Quote:
Haha.. me too! But when I was 32 I still had hopes. [Image: wink.gif]

Ah, yes - but now I'm 43, well past the age of hoping, LOL!  [Image: laff.gif]
Prodigal Wrote:Ah, yes - but now I'm 43, well past the age of hoping, LOL!  [Image: laff.gif]

I'm 52... but came to that same conclusion when I was 43.  [Image: laff.gif]
- Lisa
Prodigal Wrote:Years ago, I kept hearing that men don't want women who are needy.  So I worked on being more independent.

Now I hear that men want to feel needed, and don't like women who are too independent.  So I gave up.

Now that I've resigned myself to remaining single, I feel much better!

Friend of mine has not thought about settling down until he was nearing 40, now figures a little too late and only dates Hispanics from without the USA.

Some Independant, some needed, nice mixture is good
Quote:Preposition fail:

"I only date models about half my age; I have a 15 year window with which to work before putting them on my retirement plan".

Hah, there is no such thing as a preposition fail!  It is a matter of style.  Much like dating models half my age. 
PeterII Wrote:
Quote:Preposition fail:

"I only date models about half my age; I have a 15 year window with which to work before putting them on my retirement plan".

Hah, there is no such thing as a preposition fail!  It is a matter of style.  Much like dating models half my age. 

The only people that agree with you are the ones that fail to use prepositions correctly.
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:The only people that agree with you are the ones that fail to use prepositions correctly.

who fail...
PeterII Wrote:I too would take the time to brush up on grammar...if my girlfriend was ugly!

Quote: And about your girlfriend, she will be, she will be. (At least, to your perspective now, in the future)

Because I only date models about half my age, I have a 15 year window to work with before putting them on my retirement plan. 

Oh, mens is animals!!! (Just kidding)

This thread is soooooo funny!
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.