traditional perspectives on convalidation
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11">
[-]
  •
There is nothing untraditional about this. Convalidation and radical sanation are theological possibilities, and were always the canonical solution to such situations (when no unsolvable impediments like a previous valid marriage existed).
If a Catholic puts away his wife and marries another, he commits adultery as well as the woman marrying him.

If a non catholic with 20 ''wives'' wants to enter the Church he must only have the first wife he married.  All other following women are not his wives. 

The first example of the "Catholic "man that wanted to marry the woman other than his wife automatically cannot marry her in the future.  The Church condemns as void any attempt in the future even if his wife did die.

The Novus Ordo "priests" give annulments like candy and that doesn't make it valid.  They are not even properly formed priests and the new code of canon law is not like the 1917 code.  Pray for the priests because many are on the road to hell.
That 7 step convalidation is full of trash:

Catholic will inherit hellfire not a blessing if they get married outside the Chuch as the last step misstates.

Holy Matrimony "The Sacrament is only in the Church of God"  Only baptised persons are Catholic.

This forum is a den of error and the devil is using it to confuse souls.
desertcyclist Wrote:This forum is a den of error and the devil is using it to confuse souls.

The original poster asked for a traditional perspective.  She's not promoting it as doctrine... in fact, I'd say that she's looking for critiques.

Save your "den of error" stuff for actual errors.
this convalidations and annulments are euphemism for divorce and adultery.
angelofmercy Wrote:this convalidations and annulments are euphemism for divorce and adultery.

Some marriages really are invalid, and, if so, an annulment is appropriate.  A "convalidation" is merely a name for a wedding ceremonay in which two people marry who previously were invalidly married to each other (usually because of defect of form).  It's a good thing.
Hello,

Did you ever get the "traditional perspective on convalidation" you were seeking when you originally posted this message? I realize it was a few months ago however, this is an important and interesting topic. I'd be curious to know as well since I'm new to the faith. If not, maybe someone knowledge would be willing to share something with us. Please.

God Bless you.

vicork Wrote:<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11">
[-]
  •
I'd like the perspective also. We got married before I reverted back to Catholicism. We didn't get married in the church. Even more awful is I was looking at our marriage certificate and the dang thing says we are married by the universal life church. My mother in law found this lady in the phone book, and I'm surprised she paid for her or didn't push us in the right direction because she grew up catholic, went to catholic schools and got married in the church etc.. Except my husband only made his Baptism, was never taught anything else. Anyway, when I tried to get our marriage recognized by the church,  it was suggested I complete adult Confirmation first and then do that after. We got our son Baptized, and I completed the confirmation class that was a year. Then more time passed and we went to a new parish, the priest suggested to wait until after Lent was over. Then the priest retired. Then we found a new parish again because I was getting wise to getting bad advice. i.e. the deacon can convalidate us, I may still participate in the sacraments even though I am not married in the church, it's up to us to decide on contraception use and it's okay to receive communion if you use contraception (I was asking for NFP classes) Why is there so much discrepency within? Catholic teachings are catholic teachings.....
So this is going on 3 years and I am getting irritated! I know I have been given incorrect information at times.  I just need to make this marriage right. I know I have screwed up royally but really want to be in good standing. I just found out last week by the parish secretary that I shouldn't even be participating in the sacraments. All that work.... three years of "wasted" time, with so much time to make up for already. We keep playing phone tag at the parish we attend now. Just knowing I am not in a state of grace no matter what I do right now is horrible.

Thanks. I am just a little frustrated if you can't tell.
I'm sure if you confess and you are indeed planning on having you marriage regularized you can receive absolution.