Thanksgiving Recipes
We're eating at my sister's, so I made a turkey this past Sunday. We smoked it: hickory with sage and rosemary. I put it in the oven for a while before serving to make the skin crispy. Oh, it was yummy, if you like that smokey sort of a thing. The smoker keeps the meat very moist.

I like bacon on turkey, too! That's the way my mom does it. Mmmmmmmmmm.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
Jacafamala Wrote:We smoked it

In a pipe or in paper?
Jacafamala Wrote:We're eating at my sister's, so I made a turkey this past Sunday. We smoked it: hickory with sage and rosemary. I put it in the oven for a while before serving to make the skin crispy. Oh, it was yummy, if you like that smokey sort of a thing. The smoker keeps the meat very moist.

I like bacon on turkey, too! That's the way my mom does it. Mmmmmmmmmm.

How does she do it?
I bought all of the food but I don't feel like cooking it.  I'll tell everyone when they arrive that we're going to starve so we can better connect with our pilgrim ancestors. 
My family LOVES them some smoked turkey. They actually love smoking all their meats and even have a smoker for even more thorough smoking.

But I don't like it. It makes me sad.

Every year when we talk about how we are going to cook the turkey, there's always someone that says "Let's SMOKE IT!" to which everyone else replies, "YEAH!"

I then proceed to throw a hissy, say, "NO NO NO! I HATE SMOKED TURKEY. I HATE IT I HATE IT." Then I squeeze out a few tears and beg daddy to cook the turkey some other way. Pleeeeeeeease.

In reality, it probably plays out a little more maturely than that, but I do whine a bit and tell them how much I hate their beloved smoked meat.

So we just brine it.
A stick of butter under the skin of the Turkey keeps it moist, too.
Hey, I like that turkbake-uckaducken thing too.