Anyone from Louisiana
Count me in.

I go to school in Lafayette. So most of the time I go to the Latin Mass at Carencro (and occasionally serve).

I try not to say y'all except in emergencies. I think that was another thread somewhere.

Rex_Tremendae Wrote:I want to try that Louisiana Bayou wrap at Popeyes.

Hahahaha. That's not real food.

Stephanos Wrote:Count me in.

I go to school in Lafayette. So most of the time I go to the Latin Mass at Carencro (and occasionally serve).

I try not to say y'all except in emergencies. I think that was another thread somewhere.

Rex_Tremendae Wrote:I want to try that Louisiana Bayou wrap at Popeyes.

Hahahaha. That's not real food.

It looks good!!
To get a better idea of Louisiana foods, try some of the "Richard's" brand of "heat-'em-up" dishes ( gumbo, etouffe', etc.). That wrap thing is a means of generating sales because it's new...that's all.
Mmmmm...gumbo...boudin....crawfish pies...fried alligator...now I'm hungry. :D
fr_count_olaf_87 Wrote:To get a better idea of Louisiana foods, try some of the "Richard's" brand of "heat-'em-up" dishes ( gumbo, etouffe', etc.). That wrap thing is a means of generating sales because it's new...that's all.

Oh yeah? Well are those things 99 cents?

No, but that same 99 cents can be used for a king size hershey bar, which will give you better results...
Munda_cor_meum Wrote:Mmmmm...gumbo...boudin....crawfish pies...fried alligator...now I'm hungry. :D

Charbroiled oysters at Drago's in Metaire.

< begins salivating >

[Image: oys_cooked.jpg?t=1231097159]

Stephanos Wrote:
Munda_cor_meum Wrote:Mmmmm...gumbo...boudin....crawfish pies...fried alligator...now I'm hungry. :D

Charbroiled oysters at Drago's in Metaire.

< begins salivating >

[Image: oys_cooked.jpg?t=1231097159]

Muffalettos from Central Grocery in the French Quarter...   [Image: gimmefood.gif]
dumspirospero Wrote:Hey everyone...I live in Baton Rouge, LA...while we are supposedly the 2nd most densely populated Catholic state...there doesn't seem to be a bunch of Catholics here...at least those who take their faith seriously...so I was wondering if there are any like minded, traditional Catholics who might live in Louisiana...or even be in the Baton Rouge area...I would love to hear from you. Thanks, Sonny

Sonny,

We met outside of St. Agnes several months ago--I'm the former neighbor of your 4th Degree friend, the one who grew up in the same small town as you.   If you're around on Sunday, come say hello.  The hubby and I will be in the last pew on the Gospel side, he'll be the usher on that side. 

Speaking of which--we're short one usher for that 9:30 Mass.  If you become a regular, maybe you'd like to take that spot?

Tell your 4th degree buddy that Ann said hello. 

Creole, I like your picture of Our Lady of Prompt Succor...I wish she were more widely known.