Issues
BeateMariae Wrote:LaRoza, I do appreciate your thoughts and concern, but I feel I must address your comment that informing my wife that it could be sinful to refuse conjugal relations on a continual basis is 'coercion and suitable for charges of rape'. I'm sorry, but that is patently offensive. I know you meant well, but let's be serious. Rape is forced coitus against one's will. I might be served with divorce papers if I were to be a jerk about it, sure, but charged with rape? Imagine the precedent that would set.

I'm sorry you feel offended, but I am going by precedent here.

I do not know your wife, so I am assuming the worst case.

I do not have access to the legal library at the moment, otherwise, I'd give you the proper citations.
LaRoza Wrote:I do not know your wife, so I am assuming the worst case.

Thank you! I most assuredly appreciate that! [Image: thumb.gif]

LaRoza Wrote:I'm sorry you feel offended, but I am going by precedent here.

I do not have access to the legal library at the moment, otherwise, I'd give you the proper citations.
LaRoza, I don't know about your legal citations, but since this is a Catholic messgeboard, I might refer you to St. Paul's Letter to the Ephesians, 5:22-33.  Likewise for his Epistle to the Colossians, 3:18.
edited
BeateMariae Wrote:
Satori Wrote:Don't feel like a dufus, friend. Probably you got your NFP information from somebody who's totally opposed to it and thought to turn you off that way.
Ehhh, well, we're talking a few years in the dark like this. Ouch. I guess we'll chalk it up to being a work in progress. Just a few years before that, we were contracepting (They don't say ignorance is bliss for nothing!). So, at least we're moving in the right direction.

Okay, this is useful information. Were things different when you were contracepting?
About NFP knocking out three weeks from a month...What cycle is your wife running on exactly?

[Image: huh.gif]
NFP frees up three weeks!

Prayers.

WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:I'm sorry you feel offended, but I am going by precedent here.

LaRoza, I don't know about your legal citations, but since this is a Catholic messgeboard, I might refer you to St. Paul's Letter to the Ephesians, 5:22-33.  Likewise for his Epistle to the Colossians, 3:18.
edited

Neither of which are usable for defense in a criminal trial. I do not want to take this tangent too far, as the OP is obviously not doing this, and it isn't a pleasant thing to talk about. I mentioned it as I felt it should be known, even if it is very remote.

BeateMariae Wrote:My wife, generally speaking, is a perfect amalgamation between Dr. Lilith Crane, and the Landlady from Kung Fu Hustle.

Oddly, I always had a thing for Lilith Crane.
TheTalentedMisterR Wrote:
BeateMariae Wrote:My wife, generally speaking, is a perfect amalgamation between Dr. Lilith Crane, and the Landlady from Kung Fu Hustle.

Oddly, I always had a thing for Lilith Crane.
Me too. [Image: embarrassed.gif]