Issues
LaRoza Wrote:
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:I'm sorry you feel offended, but I am going by precedent here.

I do not know your wife, so I am assuming the worst case.

I do not have access to the legal library at the moment, otherwise, I'd give you the proper citations.
LaRoza, I don't know about your legal citations, but since this is a Catholic messgeboard, I might refer you to St. Paul's Letter to the Ephesians, 5:22-33.  Likewise for his Epistle to the Colossians, 3:18.
edited

Neither of which are usable for defense in a criminal trial. I do not want to take this tangent too far, as the OP is obviously not doing this, and it isn't a pleasant thing to talk about. I mentioned it as I felt it should be known, even if it is very remote.

With the intention of charity, I'm just going to come out and say it: You are being ridiculous.

There may be good reasons for not bringing up sin at this point, but fear of a squad car pulling up in the middle of the night to haul you off to jail is not one of them.
Paloma Wrote:With the intention of charity, I'm just going to come out and say it: You are being ridiculous.
Am I? Thank you, I never know when my advice is being ridiculous.

Quote:There may be good reasons for not bringing up sin at this point, but fear of a squad car pulling up in the middle of the night to haul you off to jail is not one of them.

Like I said, I don't know his wife, but it is possible. I will not give more information on the subject unless more is asked. It was just a note about about using sin as a reason. I did recommend getting to the root of the problem(s) with communication.

They rarely make arrests or execute warrants during the night without very good reason, so you are right. There is almost zero chance of a squad car coming in the middle of the night.

LaRoza Wrote:They rarely make arrests or execute warrants during the night without very good reason, so you are right. There is almost zero chance of a squad car coming in the middle of the night.

Do you split hairs on purpose?

Just wondering.
Quote:Do you split hairs on purpose?

Just wondering.

For that particular incident, yes.

I didn't mean my comment to become a subject by itself and it was just a worst case scenerio.
This is a terrible situation and I empathize with the original poster.  I would like to ask, what are you scared of if you confront her about it straight up and stated she is not fulfilling her duties as a wife?  Are you scared she would leave you?  What do you think her reaction would be if you threatened to leave her? It seems you are the one emotionally dependant on her rather than the other way around, and that's always bad news for the guy. 
LaRoza Wrote:
BeateMariae Wrote:LaRoza, I do appreciate your thoughts and concern, but I feel I must address your comment that informing my wife that it could be sinful to refuse conjugal relations on a continual basis is 'coercion and suitable for charges of rape'. I'm sorry, but that is patently offensive. I know you meant well, but let's be serious. Rape is forced coitus against one's will. I might be served with divorce papers if I were to be a jerk about it, sure, but charged with rape? Imagine the precedent that would set.

I do not know your wife, so I am assuming the worst case.

I do not have access to the legal library at the moment, otherwise, I'd give you the proper citations.

:rolleyes: Please!
PeterII Wrote:What do you think her reaction would be if you threatened to leave her?

That would be imm
Quote:That would be immoral.  Just because he is being sinned against it does not mean he can sin by abandoning his wife and children.

Not to mention counterproductive.  "Hey honey, give it up or I'm outta here."  Hardly akin to romancing your wife, eh?

What I don't get is why the OP doesn't discuss with his wife what her reasons are.  Is she not wanting to have sex because she's afraid of pregnancy, or is there something else, like, being mad at her husband and needing to work these issues out?

...Paloma...your avatar is freaking me out....
ErinIsNice Wrote:
PeterII Wrote:What do you think her reaction would be if you threatened to leave her?

That would be immoral.  Just because he is being sinned against it does not mean he can sin by abandoning his wife and children.

This is a power struggle.  I want to know what the OP thinks her honest reaction would be.