Thoughts on why men started wearing trousers
DeiMateralma Wrote:
Spooky Wrote:
The_Harlequin_King Wrote:Agreed.

I've been working on a way to bring back knee-breeches and make them sexy, but haven't yet succeeded.

If anyone can make them sexy, it's you [Image: waytogo.gif]

I agree.

Me three...
AgnusDei1989 Wrote:
DeiMateralma Wrote:
Spooky Wrote:
The_Harlequin_King Wrote:Agreed.

I've been working on a way to bring back knee-breeches and make them sexy, but haven't yet succeeded.

If anyone can make them sexy, it's you [Image: waytogo.gif]

I agree.

Me three...

You have good taste.:P

antimodernist Wrote:Knee breeches do not sound half bad. How about powdered wigs and cravats.

Yes, yes, I'm working on those too. My powdered wig is almost done, actually; when it is, I'll post the results.

As for cravats, to be honest, I'd need a woman who's good with knots to tie those for me. I can barely tie my shoes, much less a slipknot.

On a sidenote about the manliness of such garments (or lack thereof), the cravat originated from 17th century military apparel. And wigs remained a staple of military fashion, especially for officers, long after they fell out of style among civilians.
A sample image of knee breeches here.

My idea for adapting knee-breeches is basically wearing something like black capri pants (cotton, wool, velvet, the material doesn't really matter) to the knees with adjustable buckles at the ends, and black stockings from the knees down.

I think I'd be the only Fish Eater who'd actually wear them, though, since they'd end up being more on the form-fitting side and looking like something for a rocker or mariachi gig. I'd personally think of them as more practical, though, because my legs are almost always too cold due to loose-fitting pants. And where modesty's concerned, it shouldn't be an issue while wearing a frock or a trench. Or a cape?

I shouldn't have started this thread, it is leading to the creation of a monster...The_Harlequin_King
LaRoza Wrote:I shouldn't have started this thread, it is leading to the creation of a monster...The_Harlequin_King

Mwahahaha.... but hey, isn't that what I'm here for?
The_Harlequin_King Wrote:Mwahahaha.... but hey, isn't that what I'm here for?

To know, to love and to serve God?

I don't know you from "before", but I must say you are quite an interesting poster, welcome "back" although I wasn't around then.

LaRoza Wrote:To know, to love and to serve God?

In the real world, of course. But on the forum, I exist mainly to speculate on antiquated fashions and practices, and do the occasional trolling. Anything profound I say is purely by accident.
:laughing: oh, it's good to have you back