Flasking Day
Tomorrow my family celebrates Flasking Day, and by that I mean, we all meet up and take the train to downtown Chicago, and go to the German Festival in the Daily Plaza all while everyone is packing flasks.

My problem is that I don't know what to bring tomorrow. My old standbys were Jager and Rumple Minz, and I'm kind of sick of them. So, I'd love to hear your recommendations. I'm not that discriminate in regards to the type of alcohol, whether it be vodka to whiskey but I am looking for something that's tasty, moderately priced, and for added bonus keep me warm.

[Image: beer2.gif]
Remember that episode of South Park where Cartman brought in cases of s'mores schnapps to convince the Civil War reenactors to actually lay seige to the town?

I'm just saying: be careful on Flasking Day at Geman Fest.

That aside, I only carry Jim Beam in my flask.  And when the flask isn't on-duty, I keep it in my garage (filled with Jim Beam) to help with cleaning and smoking the pipe.
Scotch.  Only from the isle of Islay or Skye.  If it is from Skye, you have to sing the Skye Boat Song and act like a Jacobite.
Gman, first and foremost, take care.  Second I have noticed that spending a few bucks more on Jameson's or Bushmill's is better than settling for Jim Beam in a flask.  The Jameson's is smooth going down and does put the tangy aftertaste in the mouth, especially from a flask.  If you are using a bota, maybe consider putting some wine in it, like a Gewurtztramminer or an Ice Wine from Germany to fit in with the festival theme. 

One of the worst hangovers of my life was drinking Jager from a bota and chasing it with that fake orange drink in the gallon jug.  Ugh! What a waste of a day.

Bushmill's is prot whiskey and you go to hell for drinking it! :) Stick to Jameson's or Paddy's!
roberto cavalli vodka.  i never buy it myself but i'm more than happy to drink it if someone else is buying.  can't say it's moderately priced, but it will definitely keep u warm.
jovan66102,

I only drank Bushmill's when it was owned by Pernod Ricard.  I guess the Brits own it again.

Sebastianus Wrote:jovan66102,

I only drank Bushmill's when it was owned by Pernod Ricard.  I guess the Brits own it again.
 Nope, it's still owned by Pernod but it is from a northern Irish distillery originally owned and still staffed by Orangemen!
jovan66102 Wrote:Bushmill's is prot whiskey and you go to hell for drinking it! :) Stick to Jameson's or Paddy's!

I remember a discussion once about if there was a Catholic scotch to drink.  I loves me some J&B because Justini & Brooks the best Italian-English scotch I've ever found (er, only one I've ever found) and tell myself that there's some Holy Water in its pedigree.  But I fear that I'm leaning on Justini too much to get that Presbyterianity out of the mash.  Any tips?
Tullamore Dew.