Flasking Day
DaveC Wrote:Tullamore Dew.
 That was the other one! I had a senior moment. Wahlberg, you should stop into Harling's at 39th and Main (upstairs across from the old Osco) sometime. They only serve Jameson's, Paddy's and the 'Dew. I asked why they didn't serve Bushmill's. The answer, 'We don't serve prot whiskey'. I asked if you had to be Irish to work there and the reply was, 'No, but you'd by God, better be Catholic!' Turns out they had actually had a Croatian Catholic bartender at one point (a nephew of Nick Tomasic).
jovan66102 Wrote:Wahlberg, you should stop into Harling's at 39th and Main (upstairs across from the old Osco) sometime. They only serve Jameson's, Paddy's and the 'Dew. I asked why they didn't serve Bushmill's. The answer, 'We don't serve prot whiskey'. I asked if you had to be Irish to work there and the reply was, 'No, but you'd by God, better be Catholic!' Turns out they had actually had a Croatian Catholic bartender at one point (a nephew of Nick Tomasic).
 I enjoy Harling's a lot, it's one of my favorite bars in the city!  But I don't make it down that way since I stopped working on the Plaza. It's a true Kansas City gem.
I appreciate all the suggestions, everyone. Also, I was possibly going down to KC next year, and that bar sounds like quite a place.

Thanks again