neel's turn. (with pictures).
I figure we haven't had one of these to fool around with for a while.

(I did this in a Word file, hence the bullets not working out.)

0. Sex: Male
0. Age as of posting date: 19
0. Birthdate: 4/23/89
0. Patron Saint by Confirmation: St. Augustine
0. Number of children (e.g. born from: former valid marriage that ended in death of spouse; invalid marriage; rape; past sins, etc. No need to enter details here! Just list number of children you care for): 0
0. Location: Evansville / Bloomington, IN (IU student)
0. Would you relocate if you met the right person? Without a doubt
0. EF, SSPX, both, or other? Both. I’m a former sede that’s done playing the “more trad than thou game.” I guess you could say I’m a pan-traditionalist. I think groups like the FSSP and the SSPX both have important roles for the future of the Church and I understand arguments for both sides. I don’t follow a “party line” and will call out crap when I see it. But I try to look at al things in the spirit of Christian humility and charity, as any good layman should do.
0. Novus Ordo if that's all there is? Theoretically – but this is so qualified you’d have to PM me about it
0. Introvert or extravert? Extravert
0. Keirsey personality type: Sanguine.
0. Ethnic heritage: Irish / Austrian
0. Is meeting someone of like ethnicity very important to you, just a bonus, or unimportant? Unimportant
0. Is there an ideal age range for the person you'd like to marry? How important is this? I’d say 18 to about 24 is reasonable (hey, I’ve dated older women before)
0. In what manner do you interpret the Church's approval of NFP? To be honest, I haven’t researched this topic very much. But I wouldn’t deviate from what a good trad priest counseled
0. What would the headship of the husband look like in your idea home? My household would be modeled solely on St. Joseph and the Holy Family.
0. How do you feel about women working outside the home? No problems with it in theory, although I don’t see it being practical after there’s a million little neel’s running around.
0. How do you feel about women in pants? I’m not a fan of pants at Mass, but even this isn’t a deal-breaker with me. I respect both pro-pant and anti-pant arguments. I simply tend to think modesty isn’t automaticlly abandoned when a lady puts on some slacks
0. Of the seven deadly sins (pride, greed, gluttony, sloth, lust, anger, envy), which is the most challenging for you? Sloth.
0. What would others say are your annoying habits or bothersome attributes? I’m always late. I’m bad with directions but don’t like to admit it.
0. What are the most important things you desire in a spouse? I’d want a woman I can fall absolutely 100% in love with and who will return it back even when I don’t deserve it. She’d have to be intelligent, pious, and loving. She’d be someone who would respect my quirks, eccentric ways, and understands that I’m a hopeless sinner trying to do what’s right.
0. Things you absolutely would not tolerate in a potential spouse: I would not tolerate someone without a sense of true humility and charity. She doesn’t have to be a saint, but a genuine desire for sanctity would be a must. Also, I would not tolerate someone who would not tolerate my sarcasm. And come to think of it, I wouldn't be too keen on meeting a girl with a cocaine addiction. (this may or may not have happened to me before...)
0. What, if anything, have you learned from past relationships with the opposite sex? If you’re not praying together, you’re wasting your time. If chastity isn’t a priority, you’re going to mess up hardcore. Honesty can’t be overrated. And if you fall in love with the idea of a person instead of who they actually are, you’re just going to get hurt.
0. Political ideals: former paleoconservative, former monarchist; I’m so disillusioned with politics. I guess you could say anti-liberal, anti-big government, pro-Christ the King
0. Education: Will graduate from Indiana University in the Spring of 2010 with a degree in Religious Studies and a minor in History
0. Employment: Bank Teller.
0. Health: I eat horribly, but you wouldn’t know it from looking at me.
0. Allergies: bad music.
0. Smoke? Camel Filters. (Would quit for the pretty girl that told me to stop)
0. Drink? Yet another vice.
0. Night owl or morning lark? Night owl, for sure.
0. How messy or disorganized are you? haha. Its rough.
0. What makes you laugh? Dr. Bombay
0. What are the little things that please or delight you? I love a poignant line in a song. An entertaining movie. The satisfaction of cooking a nice dinner. A cigarette at sunrise.
0. What would you like to be doing in 10 years ideally? If you continue on your present course and don't meet the person of your dreams, what do you think you actually will be doing given your gifts and goals? If I don’t have a priestly vocation, I will probably be a professor of Islamic studies, living within walking distance of a beautiful church where I can hear the TLM daily. I have pretensions of writing all sorts – fiction, non-fiction, poetry, the works.
0. Intellectual interests: diverse strands of literature, obscure history
0. Hobbies: I play guitar and sing in a pop-punk band (and look damn good doing it). I’m also a fan of FE and facebook.
0. Talents: what are you good at? laughing, living, loving
0. Top 5 Favorite books of all time: If you’re interested in me and I think you’re worth it, I’ll actually try and sort through all the books I’ve read and give you a top 5.
0. The last 5 books you read (don't lie!). Are these books typical of you?: The Spiritual Combat, The Secret of the Rosary by St. Louis, On the Road by Kerouac, Mind Breaths by Allen Ginsberg, Jonathon Strange & Mr. Norell by Susana Clarke. The first two I guess you could call “typical.”
0. Music you actually listen to most often: lots of secular music. groups like Against Me!, Four Year Strong, and Tom Waits are probably my top 3. I listen to lots and lots of music.
0. Favorite movies/TV shows: Most hardcore trads would probably say this is yet another one of my vices; I’m absolutely in love with the movies. I don’t pick favorites because if there’s a decent plot and I enjoy It while I’m watching, I’ll say it’s a good movie. I’ve seen every episode of Friends.
0. Favorite foods: “fried things with cheese” ?
0. Serious pet peeves: obama-ites.
0. Pets you have, pets you desire, pets you'd put up with: My parents are split – at my mom’s, we have a cat. I love her. At my dad’s we have two dogs, one so old I don’t know how she’s not dead, the other an annoyingly young puppy. I love animals (like my boy St. Francis). I probably wouldn’t purchase a pet on my own initiative but would be down for whatever for the right woman.
0. Idea of a romantic evening: Holding hands and telling secrets. I'd probably end up singing at some point.

Long hair with glasses:
[Image: n1161720096_30042101_3907.jpg]

Short hair with no glasses:
[Image: n1161720096_30034368_8708.jpg]

action, action.
[Image: n644350760_1929082_9098.jpg]

Pure vanity
[Image: n1161720096_30034166_245.jpg]

neel Wrote:I’m a former sede that’s done playing the “more trad than thou game.”

Was wondering when you'd give up that fad. [Image: wink.gif]

Welcome back to the sedeplenist world. (learned a new word today)
I thought neel had a girlfriend..
ErinIsNice Wrote:I thought neel had a girlfriend..

Alas, we went our separate ways a few months back. She was a good Catholic girl; I doubt there's many out there to rival her. But me being young and reckless...well, you know how it goes.

[edited to add] Plus, I'm in a semi-state of discerning to the priesthood. I made one of these more for fun then actually meeting the future Mrs. Neel is on FE. But weirder things have happened...

The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
neel Wrote:I’m a former sede that’s done playing the “more trad than thou game.”

Was wondering when you'd give up that fad. [Image: wink.gif]

Welcome back to the sedeplenist world. (learned a new word today)

We all have to grow up sometime.
Hey, cutie, do you really like to eat your friends with cheese? Or did you mean you like FRIED foods with cheese?
aawww...neel your cute! I wish some of you boys lived in Canada...i have lotsa beautiful single sisters. Ask archie, hes on my facebook :)
I have a sister too, and Chicago's not that far.

And I have a granddaughter ... I'd be happy if you could just convert her. 

- Lisa
StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:And I have a granddaughter ... I'd be happy if you could just convert her. 

- Lisa

Don't be so modest, Lisa. You and neel are perfect for each other.
The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:And I have a granddaughter ... I'd be happy if you could just convert her. 

- Lisa

Don't be so modest, Lisa. You and neel are perfect for each other.

Well, if I had a time machine that could rewind about 35 years ...  [Image: laff.gif]

- Lisa