Skyline Chili.
Okay. I just want to say that my pregnancy cravings have kicked in and I want SKYLINE CHILI SO BAD. I've been waxing poetic about it all day. Specifically, I want spaghetti with cheese and two coneys. I may not eat it all but I would feel comforted to know that it is there.

Problem: I live in CA where nobody within 1,500 miles has even heard of Skyline. C'est dommage. Occasionally my mother-in-law sends it overnight packed in dry ice but I doubt I can get her to do that on command. :(
meh.  chili is chili.  just buy a can from the grocery store.  all pretty much the same.
I have two parlors within walking distance.  [img]/images/boards/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img][Image: gimmefood.gif] Sorry. Will virtual Skyline help?  Click here: Skyline Chili - The Official Website of Skyline Chili  - Lisa
DrBombay Wrote:meh.  chili is chili.  just buy a can from the grocery store.  all pretty much the same.

Oh, but Skyline is a Greek chili with some very special secret ingredients. The talk around town is that it contains beer and chocolate. 

- Lisa
StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:I have two parlors within walking distance.  [img]/images/boards/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img][Image: gimmefood.gif] Sorry. Will virtual Skyline help?  Click here: Skyline Chili - The Official Website of Skyline Chili  - Lisa

Ack. The first 2 pictures on the website are of a plate of spaghetti and 2 coneys.

I am jealous of your proximity.

Quote:meh. chili is chili. just buy a can from the grocery store. all pretty much the same.

Normally I would say the same but Skyline is different. A can of hormel can't compete. My husband, being from Ohio, got me hooked and now he's like a pimp that keeps me under his control with promises of crack skyline.

Maybe its not that bad but when I sometimes wonder why I married the guy and make a list of pros and cons, "skyline" goes in the pro column.

Paloma Wrote:My husband, being from Ohio, got me hooked and now he's like a pimp that keeps me under his control with promises of crack skyline.

[Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif] Paloma, I'm literally LOLing. Plus, you're making me hungry! If it's any consolation, it's too cold and dark in Cincinnati right now for me to walk to Skyline, and they don't deliver, so I'll have to settle for virtual coneys, too.

- Lisa
I tried that stuff once. Hated it.

*ducks*

why did I open this post? I knew it would just make me hungry.

I am nowhere near it either. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
DrBombay Wrote:meh.  chili is chili.  just buy a can from the grocery store.  all pretty much the same.

Oh, but Skyline is a Greek chili with some very special secret ingredients. The talk around town is that it contains beer and chocolate. 

- Lisa

well of course u would say that.  u live in cincinnati.  locals r always propagandized their whole lives that whatever local culinary specialty is so good and no one else in the world does it as well. 

meh, food is food.  has more to do with who's cooking it than the locale.
I hate the stuff, they love it - but I will agree with them, it's rather distinct from most chilies I've ever had (if not absolutely unique). If you're ever in the area, try some.