Skyline Chili.
Mmm, Skyline. It's not chili unless it has spaghetti in it.

I've seen cans of it in the grocery store, and it looks like you can order them online if your local store doesn't have them. I've had the canned chili, and while it's better from the restaurant, it'll do quite well when you don't live near a Skyline.

Paul Wrote:Mmm, Skyline. It's not chili unless it has spaghetti in it.

I've seen cans of it in the grocery store, and it looks like you can order them online if your local store doesn't have them. I've had the canned chili, and while it's better from the restaurant, it'll do quite well when you don't live near a Skyline.

You are exactly right
Paul Wrote: It's not chili unless it has spaghetti in it.
 Spaghetti Red, eh?
StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
DrBombay Wrote:meh.  chili is chili.  just buy a can from the grocery store.  all pretty much the same.

Oh, but Skyline is a Greek chili with some very special secret ingredients. The talk around town is that it contains beer and chocolate. 

- Lisa
Here in central KY, Goldstar Chili is more common, though it's exactly like Skyline.  I've made Cincinnati-style chili at home, the recipe I used didn't proscribe beer (although that sounds good) but I did use unsweetened cocoa powder and cinnamon, that's what gives it its distinctive flavor.
AnimaChristi Wrote:Here in central KY, Goldstar Chili is more common, though it's exactly like Skyline.  I've made Cincinnati-style chili at home, the recipe I used didn't proscribe beer (although that sounds good) but I did use unsweetened cocoa powder and cinnamon, that's what gives it its distinctive flavor.

My daughter and I got some gift cards to Gold Star and Skyline. 
It's time for the Greater Cincinnati After-Christmas Chili Taste Off !!

[Image: gimmefood.gif]

- Lisa

Beer, chocolate and cinnamon.  Mmmmm, mmmmmm.

No wonder Ohio went for Obama.  Just sayin'. [Image: tounge2.gif]
DrBombay Wrote:Beer, chocolate and cinnamon. Mmmmm, mmmmmm.

No wonder Ohio went for Obama. Just sayin'. [Image: tounge2.gif]

LOL!  I agree.  I can see the beer...  the chocolate and cinnamon?  It's starting to sound more like Mexican mole, than chili.

Roy
DrBombay Wrote:
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
DrBombay Wrote:meh.  chili is chili.  just buy a can from the grocery store.  all pretty much the same.

Skyline is nasty.  Just plain nasty.

Cinnamon has no place in chili.

Yeah, I said it.  Nasty. 

gross.  i just threw up in my mouth a little bit.  never mix the sweet with the savory.  disgusting.

cincinnati should stick to being known for a 70s sitcom and the river catching on fire.  leave the food to others.

That was Cleveland, jerkwad. Cincinnati has a unique culinary culture that most cities envy. Your loss.
While DrBombay is a jerkwad indeed, the Nati is nothing special.  I went to the Taste of Cincinnati in 2006... meh.  They had cute leggy models passing out Pepcid AC samples.  It was the best part of the whole thing.
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:While DrBombay is a jerkwad indeed, the Nati is nothing special.  I went to the Taste of Cincinnati in 2006... meh. 

You should have skipped the Taste of Cincinnati and come to Oktoberfest in Zinzinnati.. instead!

Um-pa-pa! Um-pa-pa! And pretzels and funnel cakes and cheeze zoup and lotza spilt beer!

[Image: pretzel3.gif][Image: beer2.gif]

- Lisa