Female, 24, Ohio
:)
CatholicChristian Wrote:Serious pet peeves: I hate courdoroy. If I marry you, be prepared to wash, dry, and hang your own courdoroy clothing and don't touch me while you're wearing it.

Hmm. I have attempted to get courdoroy clothing on several occasions, but each time my mother persuaded me not to. Sign from heaven?
Your birthday is the day after mine.
What a neat girl. I like her taste. Pretty, too. I hope one of you male posters mans up and courts this glorious creature.
Would you go out a SSPXer in Michigan?
CatholicChristian Wrote:Health: decent. Recently had my tonsils removed... does that make me less healthy or more healthy?
Less healthy as the tonsils are usually classified as part of the lymphatic (immune) system.

Quote:Top 5 Favorite books of all time: "Till We Have Faces" by CS Lewis, "Love & Responsibility" by Karol Wojtyla (Pope John Paul II),
Oh, no! I'm not much of a fan of these men.

Quote:"Proslogion" by St. Anselm, "The Heresy of Formlessness" by Martin Mosebach, and the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy by JRR Tolkien
You are an paradox to me.

Quote:and I read "Harry Potter" when all my CCD kiddos were talking about it
NO, OH! And you consider yourself traditional?
Satori Wrote:What a neat girl. I like her taste. Pretty, too. I hope one of you male posters mans up and courts this glorious creature.

Long road to Ohio ;)

Catholicmilkman Wrote:
CatholicChristian Wrote:Top 5 Favorite books of all time: "Till We Have Faces" by CS Lewis, "Love & Responsibility" by Karol Wojtyla (Pope John Paul II),
Oh, no! I'm not much of a fan of these men.

Quote:"Proslogion" by St. Anselm, "The Heresy of Formlessness" by Martin Mosebach, and the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy by JRR Tolkien
You are an paradox to me.

Quote:and I read "Harry Potter" when all my CCD kiddos were talking about it
NO, OH! And you consider yourself traditional?

As the Philosopher, whom St. Thomas Aquinas often quoted, said: "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

I never said I particularly liked, or agreed with Harry Potter or Twilight; but my CCD kids/co-workers that read the books wouldn't take my precautions seriously if I couldn't answer their charges.

CS Lewis has great fiction.

Pope John Paul II... while I did not agree with everything he did in his life, he was a brilliant mind, and his encyclical letter "Fides et Ratio" was heavily responsible for my reconversion to the Faith.
CatholicChristian Wrote:As the Philosopher, whom St. Thomas Aquinas often quoted, said: "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
And it is the mark of an faithful Christian mind that does not entertain evil and heresy. Read, if you will and dare. I meant what I said tongue-in-cheek anyway. Aristostle was wise but far from Christian, though I hope God saved him.

Quote:I never said I particularly liked, or agreed with Harry Potter or Twilight; but my CCD kids/co-workers that read the books wouldn't take my precautions seriously if I couldn't answer their charges.
Good then.

Quote:CS Lewis has great fiction.
Yes and great neo-pagan influences. I only that because some have a problem distinguishing between fiction and the consequences of heresy. Now Shakespeare wrote fiction. Neo-paganism is one of my problems with Lord of Rings which I like. 

Quote:Pope John Paul II... while I did not agree with everything he did in his life, he was a brilliant mind, and his encyclical letter "Fides et Ratio" was heavily responsible for my reconversion to the Faith.
All you had to do was read the documents of Vatican I, on Faith and reason. What in particular did he say that the Council did not?
I'm glad no one thought of bringing up neo-paganism or ecumenical councils in my profile thread.

The sub-forum rules Wrote:No one is to use this sub-forum for debate. If you don't like how a person answers any of the Church-related questions below, just shaddup already.