Walnut allergy?
Paloma Wrote:I felt bad for him, because he had to bring his own food and cake to birthday parties and I could tell it bummed him out

I am constantly having to come up with separate food/treats for special events for my oldest, because he's not just allergic to peanuts and tree nuts, but also dairy and eggs.  He has always just accepted the way he is though, and I've never seen him upset about it.

Best treat for kids with allergies--  rice krispie treats.
I'd be careful, Spooky. Not to worry you or anything, but I had an allergic reaction a few years ago to who-knows-what at Thanksgiving. In the evening I had hives all over my thighs, but it took until the morning for my lips and tongue to start swelling shut and then I had to go to an urgent care center. Has he ever had Benadryl?
ResiduumRevertetur Wrote:I'd be careful, Spooky. Not to worry you or anything, but I had an allergic reaction a few years ago to who-knows-what at Thanksgiving. In the evening I had hives all over my thighs, but it took until the morning for my lips and tongue to start swelling shut and then I had to go to an urgent care center. Has he ever had Benadryl?

Yeah I gave him some benedryl earlier...he's still got the hives but not as much itching. I'm keeping a close eye on him.

Paloma Wrote:They cut your insurance? Yikes. Why? What about the bun in the oven?
They always seem to cut my insurance (Medicaid) right when I need it: gall bladder stones, pregnant w/ James and now this time. Apparently I didn't dot some governmental i or cross a t but do have an appointment with my case worker next week.
Awwww. Poor Travis. :(  Try to get him to drink a lot of water to help get the allergens out of his system.

If you can get back on medicaid will it be retroactive?

S.A.G. ~ Kathy ~ Sanguine-choleric. Have fun...or else.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.
ErinIsNice Wrote:Best treat for kids with allergies--  rice krispie treats.

Correction:  That's the best treat, period.
ErinIsNice Wrote:
Paloma Wrote:I felt bad for him, because he had to bring his own food and cake to birthday parties and I could tell it bummed him out

I am constantly having to come up with separate food/treats for special events for my oldest, because he's not just allergic to peanuts and tree nuts, but also dairy and eggs.  He has always just accepted the way he is though, and I've never seen him upset about it.

Best treat for kids with allergies--  rice krispie treats.

Even though he had been allergic since he was an infant, when all the kids were eating pizza, and he was eating a hot dog...I would catch him looking around and frowning. One time he actually started crying. I think he was tired.

Then he got cleared to eat dairy so his parents gave him his first slice of pizza and he HATED IT. Hates all things cheesy in fact. Is that irony?

Good to know about the Rice Krispie treats. I figured those would be the least allergenic and so I make them every time its my turn to bring the treat for cub scouts since there is a boy that is apparently allergic to life in his den. His father is really vague about his allergies saying, "Don't worry about it, he'll just get itchy and splotchy. We keep an epi-pen on hand." I think he's just trying to be nice but its weird.