Israeli warplanes pound Hamas......
Just a little more of God's chosen and the Religion of peace sharing some of their perspective cultures together.

Most of the dead are non-jews so most of the American "liberal" media will not make a big issue about Israel's "retaliation" for Hamas suicide strikes.

I'm waiting for Condi Rice to start demanding that the Israeli's back off like she did to the Russians recently in Georgia, but i'll be waiting a long time.

I'm also waiting for all the "anti-war" demonstrations against another Israeli terrorist attack against non-combative citizens. I thought using military strikes against a defenseless civilian populace was against the rules.....oh yea except for a chosen few.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081227/ap_o...lestinians
I read about them last night.

I can't say I'm surprised. Israel left Gaza and Israel was attacked for it. They have no incentive to seek peace with people who will break it and I think they have a right to do this.
Yeah, I have to agree with LaRoza.  The Muslim Palestinians have no interest in peace with the Israelis.  If they attack the Israelis, then they can only blame themselves for any retaliation they receive.
Melkite Wrote:Yeah, I have to agree with LaRoza.  The Muslim Palestinians have no interest in peace with the Israelis.  If they attack the Israelis, then they can only blame themselves for any retaliation they receive.
Yea, those Palestinians just don't get Israeli peace.
[Image: Israeli%20attacks%20on%20Gaza%2022%20-%2...20Gaza.jpg]

alaric Wrote:Yea, those Palestinians just don't get Israeli peace.

You would put them behind fences too if you had to live near them.

Israel may have its bad points, but I would bet that if the Palestinians and the nearby countries stopped all aggression against Israel, Israel would not do such things at all. Israel already moved out of Gaza, and was attacked for it. Israel can't do everything. Their citizens will be attacked no matter what they do.
LaRoza Wrote:
alaric Wrote:Yea, those Palestinians just don't get Israeli peace.

You would put them behind fences too if you had to live near them.

Israel may have its bad points, but I would bet that if the Palestinians and the nearby countries stopped all aggression against Israel, Israel would not do such things at all. Israel already moved out of Gaza, and was attacked for it. Israel can't do everything. Their citizens will be attacked no matter what they do.
Ah, so here we go with validating the concentration camp that we've heard jews and libs scream about so incessantly over the last 60 yrs.
I agree it's an atrocity, but hey, it's OK when Israel does it, because well you know, those people(palestinians) are just animals that need to be locked up.

It always amuses me just how far Israeli-loving lemmings will go to justify the actions of their precious Israel.

Btw, what would Jesus do?
alaric Wrote:it's OK when Israel does it, because well you know, those people(palestinians) are just animals that need to be locked up.

It always amuses me just how far Israeli-loving lemmings will go to justify the actions of their precious Israel.

Btw, what would Jesus do?

I didn't say it was OK. I merely meant it was a very understandable human action. I do not justify the actions of Israel (and it is really just a government, which I see as very dynamic and I do not favour government) but I understand the people involved. The Arabs are unhappy with Israel because Israel was artifically carved out of their land. Israelis are unhappy because people indistinguishable from civilians living with civilians fire rockets into their cities and send people with explosive vests into their cities.

The Arabs get unhappy when Israel retaliates, and do it more. However, unless the state of Israel picks up and move or history can be changed, I think peace is on the Arabs not the Israelis.

Jesus, if on the Palestinian side of the fence would not hurl rockets into the cities of the Israelis. Jesus, if on the Israeli side would not be involved in government and try to save the misguided souls. Jesus, also would not have carved the country out of those lands to begin with.
Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't the biggest reason that this is even relevant the fact that we're economically linked (and heavily, I might add) to the Middle East? What needs to happen is that we figure out a way to wean ourselves off oil (or at least oil from the M.E.) and then let them all engage in their favorite pasttime - blowing the bejabbers out of eachother.

There was unrest in the Middle East before Israel even existed. It's gotten worse since the Israelis came to town. And it's not a simple black and white issue. BOTH sides (Israelis and Palestinians) have done committed extremely wrong acts and contributed to the "mess".

Bummer Wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't the biggest reason that this is even relevant the fact that we're economically linked (and heavily, I might add) to the Middle East? What needs to happen is that we figure out a way to wean ourselves off oil (or at least oil from the M.E.) and then let them all engage in their favorite pasttime - blowing the bejabbers out of eachother.

There was unrest in the Middle East before Israel even existed. It's gotten worse since the Israelis came to town. And it's not a simple black and white issue. BOTH sides (Israelis and Palestinians) have done committed extremely wrong acts and contributed to the "mess".
Actually the "biggest reason" why we are heavily linked to in the Mid-east is our greatest ally and friend there in Israel who just happen to siphon billions and billions of $ through lobbying orgs like AIIPAC.
The ironic and imbecilic thing is Israel has no oil.So there goes that "it's all about oil" excuse and explanation.

Just an observation, but before we had Israel as a friend in the Mid-east we really didn't have any enemies.(and spare me the whole Crusades thing)

As far as who is the aggressor, if your land was taken from you and you became a second class citizen in your own country, then I guess you would consider this act as an act of war.At least I would.
something like what the europeans did to the indians right?