New Years Eve Dinners in?
How many fishies are making a nice meal tonight?

I'm going to Costco to see what I can find.

We always do a fruit and cheese "variety" platter.....

I was going to make that lobster bisque someone posted a while back, but I'm not feeling so motivated now. It's a lot of work and I know they sell lobster bisque at Costco.... I think I'll just buy it instead.

Who else is cooking tonight, and what's on the menu?
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Jacafamala Wrote:Who else is cooking tonight, and what's on the menu?

We've got some friends coming in from out of town, so we'll be hosting.

Dinner at the WRC Estate:

Wine
2006 Argentinian Malbec (the name of the vinter escapes me right now)
2006 Pedroncelli Cabernet Sauvignon (Sonoma)

First Course:
Amuse Bouche
Chevre stuffed miniature portabellos

Second Course:
L'Entrée
Field greens and toasted almonds dressed with a handmade balsamic vinegariette

Third Course:
Le Plat Principal
Herb Crusted Pork Loin along side Rosemary Roasted Red Potatoes, gingered bacon-wrapped green beans, with mushroom & asiago mozzarella cheese bread.

Fourth Course:
Le Fromage
Assorted American and European cheeses, including Swiss Emmentaller, Gouda, Cheddar, Parmesan Reggiano, and a few soft cheeses.

Fifth Course:
Le Dessert
Three-layer bittersweet chocolate and peanut butter cheesecake

Sixth Course:
Le Café
Café Americano with chocolate truffles

Seventh Course:
Le Digestif
Christian Brothers brandy and retire to the Gentleman's Lounge of the WRC Estate (formerly known as the Carriage House, my wife tends to park her car in the Gentleman's Lounge) for a puff of a Domenican Arturo Fuente Cameroon Churchill.  The gentleman guest is not a pipe smoker, so I'll save the hand-blended pipe tobacco for another day.
I'm going to an old school friend's for a glass of Amaretto before attending a party where there'll be plenty of scrumptious food, delicious beverages (especially Serbian plum brandy) and exciting gypsy music. But dinner at the WRCs sounds like it's going to be a night to remember!!
Melita Wrote:But dinner at the WRCs sounds like it's going to be a night to remember!!

Meh.  Just like any other Wednesday night.
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
Melita Wrote:But dinner at the WRCs sounds like it's going to be a night to remember!!

Meh.  Just like any other Wednesday night.

Kudos to Mrs WRC ;)
Melita Wrote:Kudos to Mrs WRC ;)

Well, lucky for her anyway.

And lucky me!  She's making the dessert; the Lord gave me many gifts, the ability to make desserts was not among them.

Post Script: it's actually not a typical Wednesday, I was joking there.  A typical Wednesday is usually either the day that my lovely wife cooks dinner or we eat musgoes.
Y'all are fancy.  We're having a ham, potatoes, and asparagus.
Jacafamala Wrote:How many fishies are making a nice meal tonight?

I'm going to Costco to see what I can find.

We always do a fruit and cheese "variety" platter.....

I was going to make that lobster bisque someone posted a while back, but I'm not feeling so motivated now. It's a lot of work and I know they sell lobster bisque at Costco.... I think I'll just but it instead.

Who else is cooking tonight, and what's on the menu?

Not cooking tonight; I will be going out to eat. But there might be snacks such as a shrimp bowl while we watch the Times Square broadcast.
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:A typical Wednesday is usually either the day that my lovely wife cooks dinner or we eat musgoes.

What's musgoes?
Melita Wrote:What's musgoes?

Those things that you made for Sunday dinner.  Now it's three days later and they mus go before they expire.  :)

It's like creative leftovers.  If you've got several days of musgoes in the fridge, it makes for some zany dinners.  Pot roast and waffles, bratwurst and brussels sprouts, whatever.  Wednesday is fridge-cleaning day.