New Years Eve Dinners in?
I'm pretty partial to leftovers. Though since Christmas I've started to loathe turkey sandwiches/curry/soup/salad/stew. Bratwurst and brussels sprouts sound pretty dire too [Image: prayer3.gif]
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
Jacafamala Wrote:Who else is cooking tonight, and what's on the menu?

We've got some friends coming in from out of town, so we'll be hosting.

Dinner at the WRC Estate:

Wine
2006 Argentinian Malbec (the name of the vinter escapes me right now)
2006 Pedroncelli Cabernet Sauvignon (Sonoma)

First Course:
Amuse Bouche
Chevre stuffed miniature portabellos

Second Course:
L'Entrée
Field greens and toasted almonds dressed with a handmade balsamic vinegariette

Third Course:
Le Plat Principal
Herb Crusted Pork Loin along side Rosemary Roasted Red Potatoes, gingered bacon-wrapped green beans, with mushroom & asiago mozzarella cheese bread.

Fourth Course:
Le Fromage
Assorted American and European cheeses, including Swiss Emmentaller, Gouda, Cheddar, Parmesan Reggiano, and a few soft cheeses.

Fifth Course:
Le Dessert
Three-layer bittersweet chocolate and peanut butter cheesecake

Sixth Course:
Le Café
Café Americano with chocolate truffles

Seventh Course:
Le Digestif
Christian Brothers brandy and retire to the Gentleman's Lounge of the WRC Estate (formerly known as the Carriage House, my wife tends to park her car in the Gentleman's Lounge) for a puff of a Domenican Arturo Fuente Cameroon Churchill.  The gentleman guest is not a pipe smoker, so I'll save the hand-blended pipe tobacco for another day.
Wow, that sounds delectable.

We'll have some nice wine here too, whatever my husband picks...

maybe a shot of whiskey later on with chocolates....
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
ErinIsNice Wrote:Y'all are fancy.  We're having a ham, potatoes, and asparagus.
A ham is nothing to sneeze at. It sounds very celebratory.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Melita Wrote:I'm going to an old school friend's for a glass of Amaretto before attending a party where there'll be plenty of scrumptious food, delicious beverages (especially Serbian plum brandy) and exciting gypsy music. But dinner at the Walbergs sounds like it's going to be a night to remember!!
Sounds fun. Jango Reinhart, by chance? I love his stuff.
I'll be having leftovers probably. And ice cream. Nothing big here...the real celebration comes in February for Vietnamese/Chinese New Year.
We're making cioppino tonight.  My mom bought the clams, mussels, scallops, calamari, crab, lobster, and halibut.  I'm supplying the witty conversation and out of control children.  And I'm going to make some fon-don't (or fondue, whatever you want to call it) for the kids (and by kids, I mean my husband.)

I also plan on drinking a glass of champagne tonight and going to bed at 11:45.  I'm old.  I can't make it to midnight anymore.

Wine

First Course:
Amuse Bouche

Second Course:
L'Entrée

Third Course:
Le Plat Principal
Herb Crusted Pork Loin along side Rosemary Roasted Red Potatoes, gingered bacon-wrapped green beans, with mushroom & asiago mozzarella cheese bread.

Fourth Course:
Le Fromage
Assorted American and European cheeses, including Swiss Emmentaller, Gouda, Cheddar, Parmesan Reggiano, and a few soft cheeses.

Fifth Course:
Le Dessert

Sixth Course:
Le Café

Seventh Course:
Le Digestif
Christian Brothers brandy and retire to the Gentleman's Lounge of the WRC Estate (formerly known as the Carriage House, my wife tends to park her car in the Gentleman's Lounge) for a puff of a Domenican Arturo Fuente Cameroon Churchill.  The gentleman guest is not a pipe smoker, so I'll save the hand-blended pipe tobacco for another day.

So sweet.  You really didn't have to go to all that trouble for me.  We'll be there at 8:30.
:eats:

Wine

First Course:
Amuse Bouche

Second Course:
L'Entrée

Third Course:
Le Plat Principal

Fourth Course:
Le Fromage

Fifth Course:
Le Dessert

Sixth Course:
Le Café

Seventh Course:
Le Digestif

And afterwards we shall adjourn to the quadrangle for a pigskin toss with Muffy and Dirk.  Haw haw.

I love ya, Johnson County.  [Image: sneaky.gif]
I think there's a can of Raviolios with my name on it...

But I have a bottle of Asti Spumante and a bottle of Absinthe to make up for it!
Oh...I just realised that today was New Years.
Rex_Tremendae Wrote:Oh...I just realised that today was New Years.

Yeah, but you'll get to celebrate it again in Feb!  We European-types only get one a year...