Why do they hate the West so much?
That is why they hate the "West"

voxpopulisuxx Wrote:That is why they hate the "West"
Actually, they just hate the "West" just a little bit more.
I believe there is 3 levels of "hatred" by the Islamic's.(in this order)

1.The state of Israel and world wide Zionism.

2. Western nations and those who support the state of Israel and world wide Christianity.

3. All non-Muslim cultures and nations.

kjvail Wrote:Many muslims think ours are Christian societies, they hate Christ so there is that. Jewish society, its the same thing. They really hate Jews. It's commanded by their satanic religion, it's that brutally simple unfortunately.

Actually, Muslims do not hate Christ.  They regard Jesus as a great prophet, and they even honor Mary, to an extent.  Of course, they are mistaken because they do not believe He is the Son of God, but they certainly don't hate Him.

Many Jews, on the other hand, really do hate Christ, as Talmudic Judaism preaches that Christ was a false Messiah.  This hatred is manifested in the statements of this Israeli "settler," in the treatment of Catholic and Orthodox priests in the Holy Land by some orthodox Jews, and in the reaction by the ADL and other Jewish groups to Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ," to name a few examples.
alaric Wrote:Don't they understand they they brought all this upon themselves when they dare to oppose God's chosen?

Civilian causalities of this magnitude would usually bring about world outrage on any other part of the globe, but when genocide is being perpetrated by those who are just a little more human than the rest of mankind against the savage Palestinian goyim, it's little more than collateral damage.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/com...30046.html

Wow, I just read the link. It seems the enemies of Israel really get it bad. Perhaps the arabs hate us because of this instead of because of our freedoms like President Bush said awhile back.... Great infromative news piece, thanks
Quote:Actually, Muslims do not hate Christ.  They regard Jesus as a great prophet, and they even honor Mary, to an extent.  Of course, they are mistaken because they do not believe He is the Son of God, but they certainly don't hate Him.

If you say so... I say they been attacking and killing Christians for 1400+ years. I'd call that hate, I don't know what you call it.

And I also say that he that denies God has come in the flesh is the anti-Christ and whomever is not for Him is against Him. (cf. 1 Jo 4; Matt 12).

kjvail Wrote:Many muslims think ours are Christian societies, they hate Christ so there is that.

Mohammedans use the term "the West" as a catchall phrase encompassing religion, politics, art, science, etc in much the same way we do the same thing when referring to "the Middle East."

How many times, even on these forums, are things like "honor killings" and the use of burkas thought of as "Islamic things," when in reality they are cultural appendages to Islamic society.

This isn't to say Islam would be warm and cozy with Christians minus all the baggage which "the West" brings. However we must acknowledge there is a certain confusion of terms on the part of both Catholics and Muslims.

It's not really Islam that hates 'the West' but the Wahhabi nutjobs in Saudi Arabia who present themselves as the sole arbiter of Muslim-ness, for lack of a better word. Most of the Muslims here in Southeast Asia are quite tolerant, although  admittedly there are a few factions here and there who can get quite bloodthirsty. Thankfully I have never met a Wahhabist, and many of the Muslims I've met are respectful of Christianity. And yes, I would definitely agree that the main reason why they hate 'the West' is because, for many Muslims, America is the standard bearer of Western civilization, and its support of Israel only makes their ire the greater.
Matamoros Wrote:It's not really Islam that hates 'the West' but the Wahhabi nutjobs in Saudi Arabia who present themselves as the sole arbiter of Muslim-ness, for lack of a better word. Most of the Muslims here in Southeast Asia are quite tolerant, although  admittedly there are a few factions here and there who can get quite bloodthirsty. Thankfully I have never met a Wahhabist, and many of the Muslims I've met are respectful of Christianity. And yes, I would definitely agree that the main reason why they hate 'the West' is because, for many Muslims, America is the standard bearer of Western civilization, and its support of Israel only makes their ire the greater.

You won't find too many Muslims in america who are disrespectful. Most of them are very comfortable here and respond accordingly. This is also due to the influence of several high profile Sheikhs here in the USA who are very, very moderate and liberal, including Hamza Yusuf (formerly Mark Hanson, a greek Orthodox), Zaid Shakir, and Muhammad Nur Abdullah.

Step outside the USA and the situation is slightly different. But don't believe all the hype, it's not as bad as the news media makes it out to be. From my own experience overseas, alot of Muslims detest the USA for what they see as blind support of Israel. Conversely, all of them still want to move here, too.
kjvail Wrote:
Quote:Actually, Muslims do not hate Christ.  They regard Jesus as a great prophet, and they even honor Mary, to an extent.  Of course, they are mistaken because they do not believe He is the Son of God, but they certainly don't hate Him.

If you say so... I say they been attacking and killing Christians for 1400+ years. I'd call that hate, I don't know what you call it.

And I also say that he that denies God has come in the flesh is the anti-Christ and whomever is not for Him is against Him. (cf. 1 Jo 4; Matt 12).

I don't think anyone here would disagree that outside of the freemasons and other assorted dupes of Satan, Islam is the greatest threat the True Faith has ever faced, but saying that Muslims hate Christ is patently false. Sure, they claim He's only a prophet, therefore denying His Divinity, which is a heinous sin itself but of a different sort.

But still, that shouldn't deceive. Islam is  the handiwork and tool of the Devil. Just because the mohammadans view Christ and the BVM in a respectful fashion doesn't mean the cult itself isn't deluded and dangerous. The devil has many tricks, and he tries to make them as palatable as possible. Outright defamation of the Holy Family would make Islam too obvious as his creation.
Credo Wrote:
kjvail Wrote:Many muslims think ours are Christian societies, they hate Christ so there is that.

Mohammedans use the term "the West" as a catchall phrase encompassing religion, politics, art, science, etc in much the same way we do the same thing when referring to "the Middle East."

How many times, even on these forums, are things like "honor killings" and the use of burkas thought of as "Islamic things," when in reality they are cultural appendages to Islamic society.

This isn't to say Islam would be warm and cozy with Christians minus all the baggage which "the West" brings. However we must acknowledge there is a certain confusion of terms on the part of both Catholics and Muslims.

I would disagree with your assessment that "honor killings" are a cultural appendage to Islam.  From my own time as a mohammadan and my own studies of pre-islamic arabs, I can honestly say that the concept of "honor killing" definitely arrived on the scene post muhammad, and that it is a direct result of inculcating the islamic doctrines of the utter submission of women. Pre-islam, most arab women had a lot of freedom and did alot of things that probably would have gotten them killed by a male relative in today's middle eastern society. Back then, they even did it with their husbands permission.