One more Gaza thread...
Melita Wrote:From what I've seen on the news and read in the papers, the Palestinian casualties incurred by Israel's offensive seem to be mostly women and children. That's despicable.

You mean the majority of the Palestinian casualties shown on the news and in the papers are women and children.

The statistics I remember reading were reported from the UN.
Good point, but Israel is a pretty horrible state,
Melita Wrote:The statistics I remember reading were reported from the UN.

This is the same UN who watches travesties as they take place and do nothing to stop them.

Also, I think that in all wars the innocent suffer a lot more than the soldiers. If you look at the casualties of all the wars, I don't think you will find a single one where the death's of the soldiers is greater than the deaths of civilians.

I don't see how it's possible to excuse the murder of infants. As Palestinians (perhaps Hamas members) of the future, they pose a threat of their own.
Melita Wrote:I don't see how it's possible to excuse the murder of infants. As Palestinians (perhaps Hamas members) of the future, they pose a threat of their own.

Murder requires specific intent. I do not think Israel specifically kills infants (or even non combatants, although they do seem to be quite heavy handed, I am not aware of the situation in full to make a judgement).

Hamas, however, specifically targets civilians.
LaRoza Wrote:
Melita Wrote:I don't see how it's possible to excuse the murder of infants. As Palestinians (perhaps Hamas members) of the future, they pose a threat of their own.

Murder requires specific intent. I do not think Israel specifically kills infants (or even non combatants, although they do seem to be quite heavy handed, I am not aware of the situation in full to make a judgement).

Hamas, however, specifically targets civilians.

I just hope there's some sort of ceasefire soon, for both sides' sake. The protests across Europe are starting to get quite scary too.
Melita Wrote:I just hope there's some sort of ceasefire soon, for both sides' sake. The protests across Europe are starting to get quite scary too.

Yes, I hope it ends as well, although I don't expect it too. Hamas made it clear they won't try for peace and Israel (well, as long as it has the excuse) will not be the first to stop.

wasn't a rant. My point was that even the rocket justification is suspect. Also ggreg the Zionist is a pretty violent movement. Consider that it was these cretens who created the USSR.
LaRoza Wrote:
Melita Wrote:The statistics I remember reading were reported from the UN.

This is the same UN who watches travesties as they take place and do nothing to stop them.

Also, I think that in all wars the innocent suffer a lot more than the soldiers. If you look at the casualties of all the wars, I don't think you will find a single one where the death's of the soldiers is greater than the deaths of civilians.

Moreover if war is a consquence of sin, (as Our Lady of Fatima suggested) then we are long overdue a BIG war.  Because BOY have our generation sinned or what?