One more Gaza thread...
From Talmud http://www.talmudunmasked.com/index.htm

In Iore Dea (198, 48) Hagah, it says:
Quote:"When Jewish women come out of a bath they must take care to meet a friend first, and not something unclean or a Christian. For if so, a woman, if she wants to keep holy, should go back and bath again."
It is worthy of note that the following list of unclean things is given in Biur Hetib, a commentary on the Schulchan Arukh:
"A woman must wash herself again if she sees any unclean thing, such as a dog, an ass, or People of the Earth; a Christian (Akum), a camel,(47) a pig, a horse, and a leper."
Quote:(47) In the Vilna ed. of 1873, camel is omitted, since there are no camels there; but People of the Earth, and Akum are included.
7. NOT LIKE MEN, BUT BEASTS
In Kerithuth (6b p. 78) it says:
Quote:"The teaching of the Rabbis is: He who pours oil over a Goi, and over dead bodies is freed from punishment. This is true for an animal because it is not a man.(48) But how can it be said that by pouring oil over a Goi one is freed from punishment, since a Goi is also a man? But this is not true, for it is written: Ye are my flock, the flock of my pasture are men (Ezechiel, XXXIV, 31). You are thus called men, but the Goim are not called men."
(48) The same holds for the dead body of any man.
In the Tract Makkoth (7b) he is said to be guilty of killing "except when, if intending to kill an animal he kills a man by mistake, or intending to kill a Goi, he kills an Israelite."
ggreg Wrote:...I'd choose the Israelis since they appear to be the more civilized of the two.

...No civilian is innocent.  
...Perhaps in the grand scheme of things the children are better off in Limbo than growing up to worship a false God.

A murderer is still a murderer, no matter how "civilized" they are.

I never said that civilians were sinless, but they are innocent in terms of just war. What the issue here is this war and justice. Your collectivist ideas hold little weight in the question of the morality of this slaughter.

Saying that Muslim children are better off dead sounds frighteningly close to what is often said in support of abortion... I'm positive the Church disagrees with you on that one. Are Jewish children better off in Limbo because they might grow up to reject their savior? Or protestants because they will grow up in heresy? Does this free us of our duty to preach the gospel? If everyone raised in a false religion will remain in their error, I guess conversion is out of the question.
If someone would explain what they would like Israel to do, then please do it. Remember- Hamas' mandate is to not only eliminate Israel, but all Jewry. They and their fellow Muslims want to rid the planet of Judaism and Christianity (who drives Christians out of Bethlehem? Who threatens Christians? Who hides in churches and uses women and children as human shields?).
Israel has taken great pains to warn civilians- whom Hamas uses and hides behind- and not to injure them.
And where are the other Islamic and Arab states? If they are so concerned, why aren't they helping? Egypt is good at shooting at refugees and walling them out and but hasn't lifted a finger to help.
The problem isn't with Israel- it's with Hamas and Islam.

OKinyobe Wrote:If someone would explain what they would like Israel to do, then please do it. Remember- Hamas' mandate is to not only eliminate Israel, but all Jewry. They and their fellow Muslims want to rid the planet of Judaism and Christianity (who drives Christians out of Bethlehem? Who threatens Christians? Who hides in churches and uses women and children as human shields?).
Israel has taken great pains to warn civilians- whom Hamas uses and hides behind- and not to injure them.
And where are the other Islamic and Arab states? If they are so concerned, why aren't they helping? Egypt is good at shooting at refugees and walling them out and but hasn't lifted a finger to help.

Before I respond in the name of full disclosure...are you a member AIPAC, or do you subscribe to them, or are they paying you?
DeusVult Wrote:Does this free us of our duty to preach the gospel?

No, but it might compell us to preach it bloody well or suffer terrible consequences in this life as well as the next.  To a large extent the failure of the western world has not been that we have not taken the Gospel to the rest of the world, but that we have given such bad example and made such a right cock-up of it that the majority of people who hear it reject it.

As my mother used to say, if you're not going to do it properly then don't do it at all.
<style type='text/css'>.cc_box a:hover .cc_home{background:url('http://www.comedycentral.com/comedycentral/video/assets/syndicated-logo-over.png') !important;}.cc_links a{color:#b9b9b9;text-decoration:none;}.cc_show a{color:#707070;text-decoration:none;}.cc_title a{color:#868686;text-decoration:none;}.cc_links a:hover{color:#67bee2;text-decoration:underline;}</style>
style='font:bold 10px Arial,Helvetica,Verdana,sans-serif; float:left; width:299px; height:31px; border:solid 1px #cfcfcf; border-width:1px 1px 0px 0px; overflow:hidden; color:#707070;'>

I have a love hate relationship with John Stewarts show...this I loved
OKinyobe Wrote:If someone would explain what they would like Israel to do, then please do it. Remember- Hamas' mandate is to not only eliminate Israel, but all Jewry. They and their fellow Muslims want to rid the planet of Judaism and Christianity (who drives Christians out of Bethlehem? Who threatens Christians? Who hides in churches and uses women and children as human shields?).

In a roundabout fashion, you're setting up the same false dilemma that Melkite, ggreg, and LaRoza have been proposing, which is that we either accept Hamas or accept the extermination/ethnic cleansing of Palestinians.  These aren't the only choices at Israel's disposal.  We who oppose the Israeli attack do not have to come up with a full plan for what Israel should do.  We are simply saying that Israel's current course of action is immoral, and stopping it immediately would be better.  To say that they have no choice but to wrecklessly bomb residential areas (there is no military infrastructure in Gaza) with a guarantee of death for countless civilians (many children included) is ludicrous and diabolical.  This mentality does not represent a Christian heart.

The burden of proving that Israel's actions are justified lies upon the shoulders of you who support Israel, OKinyobe, because what they are doing is objectively evil, and you'll have to do some amazing moral theology gymnastics to prove otherwise.
OKinyobe Wrote:If someone would explain what they would like Israel to do, then please do it.

No offense, but your question is a request that one identify with the Zionists - who ethnicall cleanse, oppress, starve, and brutally occupy the Palestinians, rather than with their victims.

Why not reverse the question and ask what would you do if you were a Palestinian? 
OKinyobe Wrote: Remember- Hamas' mandate is to not only eliminate Israel, but all Jewry. They and their fellow Muslims want to rid the planet of Judaism and Christianity (who drives Christians out of Bethlehem? Who threatens Christians? Who hides in churches and uses women and children as human shields?).

None of this is true, other than your criticism of the government of Egypt, which ouor own (American) government supports, and has done so, ever since the Camp David accords, wherein we essentially bought them off of supporting their Palestinian brethren.

If you wish me to show that your statements are untrue and/or absurd characterizations, I shall, but it would require a little time and/or space.
More proof that the Zionists have no regard for the lives of Palestinians:
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1180527966693&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
Eliyahu advocates carpet bombing GazaAll civilians living in Gaza are collectively guilty for Kassam attacks on Sderot, former Sephardi chief rabbi Mordechai Eliyahu has written in a letter to Prime Minister Ehud Olmert.
[-]
  •
Alright.
I am not going to entertain any fantasies about the Illuminati, or Five Jew bankers, or the Loch Ness monster or whatever somebody believes. I'm simply going to post some articles and you do the research yourselves. When you have a minute, ask yourselves why you feel sorry for a hateful group of people who use their own children to kill people they don't care to meet, and if Christendom stands a chance with them.

Hamas information.

Hamas is selling the humanitarian aid Israel gives them.

Hamas is pushing Christians out of Bethlehem.

And here.

And here.

A whole list of Hamas wrong-doings here, particularly one where a disabled boy is used as a suicide-bomber (correct me if I'm wrong but Israelis don't use people that way).

Egypt's mistreatment of the Palestinians.

Also here.

Egyptians shoot at Palestinians.

Children are being taught hatred.