Boycott Cambells soup
DrBombay Wrote:Soup is good food. 

I try not to dwell on things like this.  I was going through my mutual fund prospectus the other day and was apalled to find the kind of companies it contained. Believe me, ignorance truly is bliss.  What am I supposed to do, cash out my mutual funds in a bear market?  No thank you.

I maintain that a remote cooperation in evil is preferable to a proximate occasion of sin.  As long as the former doesn't morph into the latter, I don't see a problem.

Hahaha!
DrBombay Wrote:And thank you in advance for your Aquinian condemnations. I don't know how I managed to make it to this point without such pronounced moral clarity and spiritual enlightenment.  You have truly brought a whole new perspective to my life.  Now go to hell.  [Image: tounge2.gif]

I'm toying with the idea of making this my new signature.
alaric Wrote:The only way you will defeat the homosexual agenda and those who support it is in their wallets and pocketbooks. Don't buy a single can of soup from these purveyors of sexual deviants trying to "normalize" families with gay parents.

Send them a message.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=85731

Thank you for the heads up!
Do you know how many products Campbells makes? http://www.campbellsoup.com/ourbrands.aspx 
And many other companies use Campbells' products in their own products.  I'd have to cut eating by one third. 

Sorry, I tend to agree that these little boycotts won't make a dent in changing internal corporate policies.  These companies are just too big and that's the problem.  Big Business and Big Agriculture can withstand "boycotts" with absolutely no problem today.  And that's the real problem in America now. 
mike6240 Wrote:Do you know how many products Campbells makes? http://www.campbellsoup.com/ourbrands.aspx 
And many other companies use Campbells' products in their own products.  I'd have to cut eating by one third. 

Sorry, I tend to agree that these little boycotts won't make a dent in changing internal corporate policies.  These companies are just too big and that's the problem.  Big Business and Big Agriculture can withstand "boycotts" with absolutely no problem today.  And that's the real problem in America now. 

Can't do without goldfish crackers?
Dr. Bombay - There is actually a mutual fund company that ONLY supports family values' oriented corporations.  I can PM you more info if you want.  That's where we put our money.  (little that we have)

Satori Wrote:
mike6240 Wrote:Do you know how many products Campbells makes? http://www.campbellsoup.com/ourbrands.aspx 

Can't do without goldfish crackers?

I can do very well without goldfish crackers, thank you very much.  But my boycott of goldfish crackers - never mind the numerous other Cambell's products which have become staples for alot of people - won't make a dent.  Common sense and reality dictates this.  The Idaho potato boycott I've seen earlier on this thread made some sense in 1990 - nearly 20 years ago.   Today, Big Business and Big Agri-Business are so huge, intertwined and incestous with everything you do, eat, drink, breath, wear, etc. an effective boycott won't work at all -  other than hurt alot of less well off people who can't afford to boycott breakfast, lunch and dinner - ie: eating.  And if you're going to boycott Campbells effectively, you'll have to boycott their entire line of products AND manufactured ingredients which go into alot of other company's products (store brands) - which in my own opinion is too much.

EDIT: A much more effective boycott would be to NOT invest in their company - ie: don't buy their stock or hold mutual funds which carry their stock and urge others to do the same.  Boycotting products doesn't make sense any more.  This is 2009 not 1969.
didishroom Wrote:Without the exception of Domino's Pizza I think every corporation supports some immoral practice. I don't have time to bother with boycotting products that aren't going to make a difference any way or another, except maybe inconvenience me.
Immorality only ceases with God's grace, not legislation or activism.
I like to think I alone CARRIED that company(Domino's) in 2006, with my obscene levels of pizza consumption.......
Well I must be following in your footsteps. Gotta have my cheeseybread.  
You can't stop with Campbell's soup, and all the other Campbell's products.  There's a list of 259 companies that are "gay-friendly."  Good luck boycotting them and all their subsidiaries.  Here's the list:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=75093

The homosexual agenda has advanced remarkably; I wonder if they still deny having an agenda.