Boycott Cambells soup

The homosexual agenda has advanced remarkably in the past 40 years, it is true.  Probably becuase they were so persistent.  A quality, it seems, that many Catholics do not possess these days, judging by all the "good luck with a boycott" posts.

I don't remember where I heard this, but I remember hearing words to the effect that 'a sower went to sow some seeds...'  Maybe the activists took that seriously?
What if a company has an employee who uses part of his pay to contibute to immoral causes?  What if a corporation has a stockholder who uses some of his dividends to make such contributions.  What if a company buys from a supplier whose employees or stockholders contribute to "gay" causes?  Do we have to boycott those companies, too?  How can we ever insure that none of the money we spend will be used in a way we don't like?  If you buy a can of Campbell's soup, what fraction of a cent of the purchase price will support the "gay agenda"?

Campbell's is not a human being, nor is it owned by a single person.  You can't hurt Campbell's with a boycott.  You can only hurt its shareholders, employees and suppliers, and those persons who depend on them. 

In my opinion, this is just another opportunity for the Rev. Donald Wildmon's American Family Association to generate publicity and donations for itself by grandstanding.  Remember their Ford boycott, in which they claimed credit for causing Ford's financial problems, even though GM and Chrysler are doing much worse, and even though they did not bother to boycott foreign manufacturers who also advertised in "gay" publications?
Wow,I never seen so much negative feedback about boycotting a damn can of soup. I simply put it out there about Cambells blatant advertising campaign promoting the "gay-family" on it's product. It's very simple really, the best way to get at these people is to fight back and the best way to fight back is not to reach in your pocket and give them a dime for their sh*tty little cans of condensed soup. That's it really. If you don't want to do it, then don't. If you're that addicted to chicken noodle or minestrone that's been sitting in a can with enough chemicals in it for a shelf-life for a thousand years, then hey, by all means, go and partake with the homo-promoting corporation and their little alternate lifestyle agenda.

You people kill me, what a bunch whiners and defeatists.

"oh Alaric boycotting is such a waste of time" or "oh man I'm not gonna give up my joy of a little crap in a can cause it won't make a difference anyway"

What are you gonna do when you really have to sacrifice something big for your beliefs someday? Forget about taking up your cross altogether.

As for me and my house, we're not buying one more lousy item that says "Campbell's" on it, that's it, end of story. As insignificant as it might be to some, one man is making a stand and it doesn't matter to me if some big entity like Campbell's could care less. I do and that's good enough, so screw-em.

DrBombay Wrote:Soup is good food. 

I try not to dwell on things like this.  I was going through my mutual fund prospectus the other day and was apalled to find the kind of companies it contained. Believe me, ignorance truly is bliss.  What am I supposed to do, cash out my mutual funds in a bear market?  No thank you.

I maintain that a remote cooperation in evil is preferable to a proximate occasion of sin.  As long as the former doesn't morph into the latter, I don't see a problem.

And thank you in advance for your Aquinian condemnations. I don't know how I managed to make it to this point without such pronounced moral clarity and spiritual enlightenment.  You have truly brought a whole new perspective to my life.  Now go to hell.  [Image: tounge2.gif]
I never seen such "doodling with words".
Have another drink........doc.
I am not going to support them either. Maybe it won't do a lot of good because little leome in middle America stopped buying their products but I refuse to give my hard-earned dollars to support this crap!

Mcdonald had some pro-gay agenda a few months back and they back pedaled when the boycott was started. In this economy, every can counts, right!

Thanks for posting. I am sending this message on to all my friends.
It may not matter that I don't buy another can of soup.

I may inadvertantly, still buy products made by Cambells.

It won't be willingly, though.  Just like I didn't buy Ford products, don't buy Leatherman tools or Ruger's, nor Smith and Wesson, when they sided with the gun-grabbers, I won't buy from Cambells.
I'll also drop them a note, telling them this, and that I plan to tell my friends and family about this. 
It may not make a difference to them, then again, it may.  In the end, I know that I wasn't a part of it, as insignificant as that may be, I know the truth.  I know that I can face myself in the mirror.  YMMV.

Roy
Aside from Campbell's soup, the article also mentions Pepsi. The other article mentions Anheuser-Busch as well as GameStop and Target.

If I plan on boycotting, I have to not only find a new beer to drink, but also find another store where I can buy video games! [Image: mad.gif] [Image: bawl.gif] ... [Image: tongue.gif] (yeah, I know it's not that serious.)

Maybe this is an opportunity for me to take up my cross (Cf. Matthew 16:24)... [Image: hmmm.gif]
I always buy the store brand anyway....
alaric Wrote:
DrBombay Wrote:Soup is good food. 

I try not to dwell on things like this.  I was going through my mutual fund prospectus the other day and was apalled to find the kind of companies it contained. Believe me, ignorance truly is bliss.  What am I supposed to do, cash out my mutual funds in a bear market?  No thank you.

I maintain that a remote cooperation in evil is preferable to a proximate occasion of sin.  As long as the former doesn't morph into the latter, I don't see a problem.

And thank you in advance for your Aquinian condemnations. I don't know how I managed to make it to this point without such pronounced moral clarity and spiritual enlightenment.  You have truly brought a whole new perspective to my life.  Now go to hell.  [Image: tounge2.gif]
I never seen such "doodling with words".
Have another drink........doc.

Hey! That is a very rude comment. Very rude. :shame:
SouthpawLink Wrote:Aside from Campbell's soup, the article also mentions Pepsi. The other article mentions Anheuser-Busch as well as GameStop and Target.

If I plan on boycotting, I have to not only find a new beer to drink, but also find another store where I can buy video games! [Image: mad.gif] [Image: bawl.gif] ... [Image: tongue.gif] (yeah, I know it's not that serious.)

Maybe this is an opportunity for me to take up my cross (Cf. Matthew 16:24)... [Image: hmmm.gif]

I sure hope that the Gambrinus Co. isn't included in that list.  That would mean no more Shiner Bock!  or Bohemian Black Lager, for that matter...